Ballast Conversion

Hello.

I read somewhere of someone using the same ballast to run two flowering rooms. Apparently one light is on and then it gets tripped after the 12 hours and it turns off and the other light turns on, in the other room. This would mean the ballast is always running and the lights wouldn't have to heat up and take so long to brighten up.

So has anybody here done this? I would like to know how to do it, if it is easily done. Apparently you need a relay switch and a separate timer, or something along those lines. Or would it be better to get an electrician to do it?

It obviously has many advantages, if it can be done easily.

So if anyone has done it, can they please provide some comments/instructions. It would be greatly appreciated.

hey,

It is possible to do.. but you WILL need a electrician to do all the work.. Ablite sell constant run control boxes could also try electrical distributors for all the parts and hardwire.. Its pretty basic in theory move the timer to after the control box but before the light... You will need a timer a relay and a extra outlet.. Problem is keeping the ballast cold after a few weeks of constant use but if hardwired you could install it all into a metal tool box etc.. hope that helps

Problem is keeping the ballast cold after a few weeks of constant use but if hardwired you could install it all into a metal tool box[u/]

That is an excellent idea. I could put a couple of fans on each end to force air through it, hopefully that would keep it cool.

So I take a big toolbox, a ballast and a couple of lamp holders/leads to the sparky and tell him what I want, and hopefully he wont charge me too much.

I wonder what excuse I can use for needing something like this.

Thanks Cloner

hey,

theres two types of ballast control box one is made to turn on and off and the other constant run ones are made to run continuously in industrial applications.. The flicking of lamps was used in a few factories when the place closed for the day the lights flipped to the car park for security... Alot of common uses for relays actually just have to think hard.. You are right you will need all the extra componentry but a constant run ballast would be heaps more efficient. Theres nothing like this on the market there is powerboard control boxes but they still need two ballasts per two lights