A Plea to a Doctor on our side

freddys260

Question

This is a copy of an email sent to Dr Morris Odell regarding my case. I will keep you all posted.

Dear Dr Odell,

I am a 40yr old ex Navy Gulf War vet. In 2000 I had a tumour removed from the front left lobe of my brain the size of a golf ball. It was caused by an unknown brainstem disease and called an oliogodendroglioma. It was removed and radiation treatment provided. The biopsy of this tumour confirmed its date back to 1991 when I was in the gulf.

Since that time I have suffered seizures at least twice a month. In November last year I was told that the remaining pieces left over from surgery are regrowing. There is no cure at all and I am getting sicker all the time and it is going to kill me.

The one thing that has reduced the seizures and the stress was smoking a roll up of Marijuana and I was living next door to a man who grew it. I am now in Melbourne and know nobody and am not prepared to hit the street looking for it plus that would be psychically impossible. I have asked a couple of Dr's about getting a prescription for some and was looked down upon. A Psychologist is trying to find someone for me. I am living in an over 55's village courtesy after a big battle with Dept of Veterans Affairs which we can talk about later but I won and it will help a lot of other younger vets as the government only had supervised accommodation for vets over 55.

I have read some of your comments and I am hoping that you might be able to help. I suffer from constant pain and have lost the seal from my nose to the ear and my head is a wind tunnel. Going outside for more than 1 hr is dangerous. I suffer massive headaches during air pressure changes and I have tried living in warm climates as well. Nothing worked better for the headaches than a smoke.

How is it right that someone who is dying cannot have access to something that works so much better than taking Panadol after Panadol. Moving to Adelaide may help but my Son is in Albury and is the only thing I have left. Its amazing how many people have walked away because of my illness including my Wife. Please take the time to contact me so I can provide you with further information.

Kindest Regards,

Bevan XXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

Hi Bevan, ya sound like a fighter mate keep it up, life is a bitch sometime,s I am waiting for my results on test,s on my kidneys at the moment.I also have chronic back an leg pain from three disc that need to be replaced,and I do find that the [ MJ ] dose help with pain & sleep & eating and it works a treat for my [GLAUCOMA] it lowers the pressure in my eyes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:its all good news for MJ :thumbdown: sounds like ya may not be able to grow for ya self so besta luck mate, : hope things start to look up for you mate :thumbdown: Edited by chippy

Our thoughts and prays are with you my freind, i wish i could do the growing for you buddy and give you all the medicine you need....Our weak arse polititians are to blame for you not being able to get your medication.........take care.......spaceleaf

Whilst ill agree that politicians are partly to blame for this mess, we are all to blame for it. We are the ones that stood back whilst the government slowly started eroding our rights and freedoms. Ive said it before and i'll say it again, if enough people stood up and started making some noise about the fight then you can start to change things, but whilst people are willing to sit back and not fight for their rights then nothing is gonna change. Period.

Don't expect anything from any politician. Ever. You want it you gotta take the fight to them.

I personally have the utmost respect for anyone who has served in the armed forces. And, so do a lot of other Australians. My suggestion Bevan would be for you to get as many other veterans as possible together and hit the mass media. I'm quite sure that most Australians aren't against giving whatever help is needed to our vets, however it seems previous government policies seem quite restrictive and underestimated in what help and support is given to you fellas.

These people dedicate their lives to protecting our country, and some of the stuff you guys have to put up with is really substandard. I think it would completely dumbfound any logical person to think that our vets cant get the medicine or medical care for that fact that they need.

Your in the right place to start your fight anyways bud and i think you will find a big section of this community might be willing to try and help you get the medicine and support all of our vets deserve and need. So anything i can do to help... just drop us a line.

hehe my 3 cents today

Bevan,

Given your medical condition there is no way that any magistrate or judge is going to sentence you to incarceration. There are lots of reasons for this and I have seen the inside of more courts than probably anyone else in this group.. My strong advice to you is to grow - if needs be indoors. Moreover, everything the government touches turns to shit so I can only assume that the cannabis they would provide would be hopeless.

Finally, do some research on Laetrile (apricot kernels) as these products are still available in Australia.

Al.

A conversation with a psycholgist has confirmed that it can be descibed if you are terminally ill. This stuff blows any kind of medication out of the water. Just need a Dr to write a letter and hes looking for me.

This might help a few others with sorting out a way for them to get it for a good reason. It works!

It is really a disgusting shame that this has to be a struggle for someone fighting to live in comfort for whatever time is left.

I agree that the media may be able to help. If you can find a reporter that's interested, they can put more pressure than anyone else to get things done. And you may be shocked at how many caring people will come out of the woodwork once they see others trying to help.

I wish I could help.

You might try emailing www.SafeAccessNow.org here in the US and see if they can give you any ideas. Those are the people that get things done.

Hey Bevan, in your situation you should deffo be able to be prescribed 'medical' marijuana! It is totally incredulous that the 'powers that be' care so little . . . if only THEY were in your shoes! I'd love to self medicate on marijuana but am not in a position to do so and the minor afflictions I have [in comparison to yours] are not treatable in any other way. However, once I am in a position to do so, and my health improves [once again after medicating with marijuana I've proven it CAN happen] I'd dearly love to 'go public' and push in a BIG way for legislation of 'grow your own' medical marijuana in this country . . . I can't stand sitting idly by unable to do anything and it especially irks me when I read stories like yours . . . if anyone deserves assistance in any way, shape or form, it's the likes of yourself! :sdj:

The lengths we have to go to to get our medicine is beyond any reasonable comprehension of the word sensible lol ......and for some of us it is harder than others as is your case from what it sounds like, Bevan. At least by persuing your quest for some relief you are getting the message out there and perhaps opening the door for others. Hopefully an end will come to all the madness surrounding this wonderful plant.

Good luck Bevan :sdj: