Dry Heat Vs Humidity

I was wondering out of pure curiosity, what makes the best bud's. I've heard some queenslanders say that the humidity makes the buds better but I've heard others say that the dry heat and occaisional cool crisp night's that you get in SA and around NSW southwest and VIC northwest during budding makes for a more potent product. Does anyone have any knowledge on this, could it depend on strain etc? Pretty intersting stuff I reckon :rolleyes:

well i live in VIC and our conditions must be perfect as we produce the bestest bud in the world :wistle:

nah we have the frost issues that can literally freeze ya plants over night thus the reason we have to plant abit later in the outdoor season or we get frozen seedlings :peace:

cheerz :applause:

Definately strain dependant coz I live in a humid zone, and have to run a dehumidifier in summer (during the night period only to keep the heat down coz it does raise it a cpl of degrees)

Species dependant, but G13 get so tight that I have a huge mold problem if I don't run the dehumidifier in the last 3 weeks.

But once the temp gets over 30C on the growth rate definately slows.

Veg luv all the humidity they can get....... :applause:

Southern states definately better with lower temps and humidity.

I live in SA. I guess the downsides to the dry summer climate for outdoor growers is the fact that you need to water all the time, especially if growing in the bush and green healthy ganja plants would really stand out in the brown bush vegetation.

As far as quality of finshed product goes I've heard that the dry heat causes the plant to produce more resin to protect itself from the harsh conditions. Is this true? I know from my experience with plants such as oregano that in summer they get real potent in the 40 degree heat. This would make for some potent bud's as well if this is correct. I know that there is some pretty killer outdoor on the market in adelaide when its in season. I was also supprised to see my mates plant he's got going at the moment. It's in a pot outside and was just beaming looking really happy, mid afternoon on a 41degree day. So I reackon MJ loves extream heat. Provided its watered well :applause:

well stoney's full of shit.. if Vic produced the bestest buds then why do they mix with baccy.. :applause:

im in SA.. and theres no doubt about the growing conditions down here.. its probably one of the best on the planet.. i guess Vic isnt far off.. but ya know.. :peace:..

humidity is very important.. but too much humidity.. like over 60 or 70%.. then plants stop producing.. all tho with dry heat.. as long as they got a water supply.. they will handle high temps up around 50c.. heat is also what causes the plant to create resin.. not sure why.. but its been discussed before around the boards. and i think we came up with the conclusion its a protection mechanism for the buds against the higher UV.. maybe.. not sure exactly.. just a thought.. but resin production has a lot to do with heat.. but again.. not too much.. as the plants will shut down..

also heat and humidity sort of go hand in hand.. if theres plenty of water near by.. then the heat will increase the humidity... i think finding a balance between the 2 is probably the go..