Hard Drug Raid

Thursday, 13 December 2007 http://www.stuff.co.nz/4322795a12.html :scratchin:

Police in six countries have arrested 40 people, including 14 in Australia, during co-ordinated raids which authorities say have smashed an important international drug ring.

Australian Federal Police said today international law enforcement officers had seized 600kg of cocaine, 111kg of ice, 83kg of ecstasy and 1200kg of materials used to produce ice and ecstasy.

The Australian end of the operation, launched in August after drugs were found concealed in suitcases from Canada, involved officers from Customs, the AFP, the NSW police, the Australian Crime Commission and the NSW Crime Commission.

The 14 Australian arrests were made in Sydney and Melbourne where 28.6kg of ice and 23kg of ecstasy tablets were seized since August, the AFP said.

The Australian Joint Asian Crime Group (JACG) made the first arrests in Sydney after Australian Customs Service officers discovered 15kg of ice in the lining and frames of three large suitcases.

JACG involves officers from Customs, the Australian Federal Police, the NSW Police Force, the Australian Crime Commission and the NSW Crime Commission.

The 14 Australians have been charged with varying drug offences, including conspiracy to import and supply a commercial quantity of a border controlled drug.

whats so unsafe about pills???

xtc.. made properly.. is probably one of the safest drugs.. probably safer than aspirin.. which has and does kill people..

ice agree with, that shit is evil.. but.. shouldnt it be ones choice to use it or not??

whats bad about when vast amounts of drugs get taken.. especially when its XTC.. the quality drugs get confiscated by the feds thinking theyve done a great service.. and then this just paves the way for bikie clubs to fill the void with their shit drugs that kill people... which they do.. sometimes i feel at the blessing of the police force.. seems that way...

apart from 2 people.. XTC.. the real stuff has not killed anyone... Anna Wood.. 14years old.. in a night club.. died from an xtc pill.. a sad event.. but then she shouldnt have been in the night club.. and taking hard drugs at the age of 14.. the brain, mind and body just isnt developed to handle it.. and some girl in the UK died.. from drinking too much water.. every death in Oz.. apart from Miss Wood.. has been attributed to PMA.. which is what happens when XTC is made wrong.. this is the shit the bikers fill the void with every time the pigs makes a major XTC bust from imported pills.. so again.. is it better that the pigs take the good shit off the street???

Real MDMA I wont argue with, I know that if it is properly made in scientific conditions and properly measured it would be safe, but the stuff we have here, and most of the stuff actually on the market is NOT MDMA. Real E is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get these days, and to get it you need sasafras oil (I think thats how you spell the shit). But the stuff we mainly get here is Piperzine MeOP or BZP with TFMPP, yes that is pretty safe, but not when it is actually mixed with GHB to give the full Pseudo effect of E.

Mary Jane is the poor victim in the drug war, she doesnt kill people, and she gets accused of so many bad things, such as the gateway theory which is a load of shit, if people make the mistake of using hard drugs, they can expect the consequences of an early grave.

No I dont deal hard drugs riverrat, I have a strong opposition to speed, ice, crack and heroin.

I will never ever have any stance against Valium, I reckon they should have that off prescription.

I will never ever have any stance against Valium, I reckon they should have that off prescription.

Of the common drugs, Diazapam (valium) is probably second only to Meth on the dependence scale at around 40 (ie 40% of users will become dependent at some point). To put that in perspective, Heroin scores around 35, Nicotine 30 and Alcohol somewhere between 15 - 20.

A couple of val is a warm fuzzy feeling tho.. I could see how easily it would be to slip into that.

Edited by DownUnderDoper

The last time I used Valium, I washed down 100mg with vodka and woke up hours L8r with my coat on upside down behind the wheel of my car parked legally (luckily) on a dark street.

I haven't had the urge to touch the stuff since and that was some 20 years ago.

I'm thinking leafy should think about a name change...maybe "Headline" or something. This isn't MJ news, but it's still interesting.

As a "pill person" I've always found comfort in the idea of my drugs being made in a controlled setting and knowing the exact amounts. That's one of the main reasons I grow..... control.

I have to agree with SS.

Here, getting caught with one X pill is a long prison sentence. That is just insane. I wish the government would stop protecting responsible citizens from themselves. What we need protection from is a government that is constantly poking it's nose where it's unwelcome!

They've outlawed tobacco smoking here as of 1/1/08 in all public places! You cannot smoke even in a bar. So there goes another right to use a legal substance down the shitter.

Strict quality control would go a long way to preventing accidental overdose from all recreational drugs, which seem's, bizarrely, to be one of the reasons many prohibitionists are against regulation, not as many people would die, which would encourage drug use.

Some drugs are more dangerous than others obviously, but being dangerous is not a reason for prohibition, even for ice or heroin