Don't let house guests use your address

Hi there peeps,

this is a quick warning note, to warn people to not make the same mistake i did....

I very much try to keep to myself cause i know that almost anyone can cause trouble when u try and grow anything in your yard.

Long story short, I essentially had visitors down to 3 , a friend of my partner who we helped out by letting him stay till back on his feet again, then some distant relatives of my partners showed up on our doorstep so we helped them out with accomodation as well.

long story short about a year and a bit down the track, despite many protests, relitive had address listed as our place, then "allegedly" did crimes against the former.

So then there's this full blown raid on our home, looking for the latter and weapon, but instead finding me and my babies. :scratchin:

So the moral of the story under no circumstances let people use your address in any legal or postal sense or you might end up postal.

Happy New Year

• Upvote 1

ok thanks, good points stoner and stoney,

Yes, I should have mentioned not letting guests in at all.

But that being said it's kinda hard to turn down people in need, who track u down, expecially family, yet in hind sight i really should have.

getting off, hey stoney, well that'd be nice, :toke:,

t's been about a month and i still haven't been served though they are probably taking their time or have missed me , so i'm vaguely hoping they're not pursuing it,

but there's a more substantial hope you've just given me.

The head cop was quite nice about the whole thing, i was assured it would just be a hefty fine, though i don't want the record, and yeah others have toid me it could be worse than that, though i do live in a good state. He also said that they were forced to take them cause in the past people had complained, turning it back on to them for leaving em, how crazy is that :wave:

cheers and beers

Edited by Baba Buddh

I know it's hard to believe, but if you haven't been trouble to them, the decent ones will just toss your shit and go on like nothing happened. If you continue to be a quiet normal seeming citizen, they will leave you alone.

A couple of summers ago this asshole got in my yard at 10am ripped a 10 foot...(over 3 meters) branch and went walking down the street with it! Then the stupid fuck led them to my yard! :wave:

After explaining that I use it for pain, they explained that they had to take them. They wanted to know why I had like 12 plants out in the garden, and accepted that I didn't know if they were males or females and that I planned to destroy the males.

They managed to not even touch a single tomato plant, although they must have gotten confused because they took a poinsettia along with the rest.

I never heard another word about it. I planted out a few clones last summer and next year I think I'll plant more.

Just go slow, stay quiet and go about your normal business.

It's a good warning, but sometimes refusing ppl makes you look more suspect. There's no easy way with this business.

The best of luck to you. I think you'll be ok.

Thanks for the reasurrances.

As if Rippers weren't stupid enough without topping it off by doing insane shit like that, and bringing heat with them, I've also long time back, had cops slashin and grabin in my ex's name (i wasn't home) rippers let our rabbit out, the neighbours chased him around the house and cops got called on them by a passer by who thought they were robbers.

Those cops were nice too and reduced things to a small fine.

Update

I have just this moment discovered on my expiation fine for dry smoko that they have completely changed the spelling of my name (from the one i gave them, to something which i think is related to a tip off, cause it's spelt the way those relatives say my name (i have an unusual one).

So on top of having used my address, i think i was sold out to try and take some heat off them selves, I'm in shock, i doubt it would've helped them. lol

obviously that is speculative, but very suss B)

none the less i don't think the cops considered what they found to be any civil threat as it was hardly the professional setup they may have been led to believe, even though as i said the warrant wasn't 4 me and was for a weapon, i'm certain the search would have been done anyway, and that i was not their target, Certainly I was polite and cooperative, and they also seem to have been freindly, and they definetly played it down a lot, making references to the male female thing and they're poor state lol (the poor babies had already been through the wars)

maybe this is more than i needed to say, perhaps i waffle, anyways i thank you all for the well wishes, and will post again as to whether it has been followed up.

Ta

Edited by Baba Buddh

Update

I have just this moment discovered on my expiation fine for dry smoko that they have completely changed the spelling of my name (from the one i gave them, to something which i think is related to a tip off, cause it's spelt the way those relatives say my name (i have an unusual one).

So on top of having used my address, i think i was sold out to try and take some heat off them selves, I'm in shock, i doubt it would've helped them. :thumbdown:

if the name on the fine isnt spelt correctly i wouldnt pay it on the basis you shouldnt be liable for someone else's fine. you might get away with it, you might not, but it is certainly worth a try if the fine is fairly large :thumbdown:

nope... they cant give you a increase the fine on the basis of them spelling it wrong... i wouldnt pay it... and then when they rock up... just say that they must have the wrong guy that name looks completely different than mine

trailer park boys had a good one :thumbsup:.... just change your house numbers around with a few people on the street :bongon:

Yeah i breifly thought of not paying it on that basis, note. it was only the reminder that had the fairly different spelling, i think instead of using the spelling i gave them they have reverted to one given to them, it's only a relitively small fine for grief.i'm paying it because it's not my main concern ,ie them returning with a summons is, i don't want to rock the boat for i don't want my boat to be rocked :thumbsup: