Exhaust into Roof?

Hey guys i am thinking about how i am going to start my first grow. At first i was going to go with outside growing but after reading these forums i have decided indoors :scratchin: I have this storeroom that i would like to turn into my grow room. It has no windows/ventilation. I was thinking i could cut out a hole in the bottom of the door and mount a fan for air intake I was thinking would it be ok if i put the exhaust into the roof? does it need an In and out or would just an In be fine? The storeroom has a small hole in the roof that i thought would be good for venting into the roof if an out was needed? anyone know any problems this could cause?

untitled.bmp

yeah you could go for either really. i'd probably think of a exhaust fan in the ceiling and just have a passive inlet(air coming in via the under door thingy). try the growroom calculator for your fan size and what lights would be best for your space. just remember that any inlets have to be light tight for grow and stealth reasons. you could even think about a inlet hole in the floor if ya can get away with it. check this link ; https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...c=17864&hl=

Yea a couple of things to keep in mind here ricky , first up work out what the day-night temeratures are in room and how many lights you will be running, so you can work out how big a exhaust fan you will need , then that gives you an idea of the inlet size ya need , ive seen those doors @ salvage yards where they have a large vent-grille as part of the door at the bottom, maybe handy

also remember when sucking air into the G-room you want to stop light and insects entering ... and if exhausting into roof space then this will create a pressure in roof space and sometimes the air gets pushed back down through the kitchen exhaust fan , if its middle of summer you get all teh hot air pushed back into your living space ... :scratchin:

best o' luck

:photo: