cocco firbre is a loose brown medium, some people i know get excellent results from canna cocco and canna nutes. canna even has nutes For their cocco product and i use the general canna nutes with my perlite/vermiculite mix. a few experienced growers i know from ACT swear by canna in their top fed drip systems.

I invested in an 8 litre watering can and I mix Mircale Gro with something called easy wetta (get the concentrated bottle and mix it yourself and you will have it forever.) I mix it up and water my plants with it every 2-4 days, because of easy wetta, it holds the water really well, and the miracle grow moves the plant along really fast. Both can be bought from Kmart.

Guest Urbanhog
I invested in an 8 litre watering can and I mix Mircale Gro with something called easy wetta (get the concentrated bottle and mix it yourself and you will have it forever.)  I mix it up and water my plants with it every 2-4 days, because of easy wetta, it holds the water really well, and the miracle grow moves the plant along really fast. Both can be bought from Kmart.

wonder if this easy wetta stuff will ge great tool for indoor growers soil in the tropics? where they seem to drink more water?

any more feedback on this product?? both negetive and positive??

cheers again,

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

I use a bio mix called headrush. It's distributed by Holland Forge - check out their website - www.hollandforge.com.au - the maintenance is lower

in regards to ph and topping up nutes, but it is a little

dearer ($33 for 500ml part A and 500 ml part :blink: but the dilution rate is a lot less. It is only two part - you vary the mix of A & B depending on the stage. I also add nitrozyme in grow and 'add bud' in bloom. This is the first full run on the headrush, so I'll keep an eye on the economy, but indications so far (3weeks bloom) are that the plants are around 20%bigger than they were at this point on salt fertilizers. Oh - and you only have to flush

once a month.

Vazzle

"Bud-o-clean, know what I mean?"

i have used that easy wete stuff in the garden for growing vegies and it great stuff but never on mj plants but have herd others say that your smoke has a platic tast to it but i would not know.but when using dirt as your medium indoor or out adding worm castings(worm poo)holds upto 10 times water and gives about 30% more groth and in the vegie patch and in pots i would have to say it's fantastic for an organic product cause it fertilizes and holds alot of water.try castings for a big result.happy herb. B)

Guest GrowMad
I have also seen this stuff in the supermarket called 'coir-peat' in a compressed block. Has anyone used this in their growing medium, and is it any good... It's only about $2.40aud... Is this the same as the compressed coco bricks??

Guest Urbanhog
I have also seen this stuff in the supermarket called 'coir-peat' in a compressed block.  Has anyone used this in their growing medium, and is it any good... It's only about $2.40aud...  Is this the same as the compressed coco bricks??

no they are made from peat and compressed coco bricks is made from coconut hairs. :D

Prefer to use compressed coco bricks than that peat bricks, as I often put 3-4cms in the bottom of the final large pots where they will mature in and top the rest of the pots with compost, vermculture and perlite mix.

Of course I soak and rinse twice the coco bricks just a personal pre-caution as I am not sure if they been sprayed with chemicals or whatever.

Seems they loved it as when I haverest the plants, there's massive healthy bright white root system around the coco area at the bottom, not too root bounded or whatever. B)

Cheers,

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif