Little girls looking very sick :(

Hi guys,

well onto the 2nd grow. I just transferred 3 4 week old seedlings into a DWC system using phytoflake as the medium with some clay balls on top.

Since transferring from CFL 150W to the new system under to 600W HPS they have been looking really droop and sick. The leaves were looking quite dry too, and yellowing. B)

Is this an overwatering issue? I have them on 10 X 30 minute waters a day

In the pics I have given them a foliar spray with superthrive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

post-13245-1198828312_thumb.jpg

post-13245-1198828336_thumb.jpg

post-13245-1198828357_thumb.jpg

post-13245-1198828379_thumb.jpg

I'm confused. When I did that grow in bubble jugs with lava rock it was called DWC and the roots were constantly in the water.

At least until I killed them all by adding molasses...right near harvest....like a moron.

But I had seedlings started in jiffy pellets right in the jugs and they grew like crazy.

How can you overwater DWC....

I had an air stone in the bottom along with a drain hose then lava rock and the plant in the top. The jugs were always filled to within a couple of inches of the top.....I changed the water once a week.

Someone explain to me please.... I'm wondering if I did it wrong.

PS That is one very handsome mutt Weasel! B)

Edited by Granny

I dont' know what DWC is, but I use Fytocell and have for over a yr now in a run2waste system. When my plants are the size urs are, I only feed them once a day for one minute. And that's plenty. Fytocel holds heaps of moisture without over watering problems. Having said that, you CAN over water them when they are young, even though they advertise that you can't. I dont' think i up the watering till flowering, to twice a day, one minute each, and then adjust it to longer periods as the plants grow in size. And I dont' flush till flowering time either, and i do it once a week by dragging the hose into the room and giving them a really good flush. Never had overwatering problems. Good luck with ur grow B)