White-flies

Thought I'd post a pic of the healthiest, plumpest White-flies I ever saw.

The Best Tomato bush I ever grew, black russian varriety was completely destroyed in the end by a relentless wave of the buggers. We've had the most incredible dry weather here for a long, long time. I relaise that can be said for the whole country, so perhaps it's the same everywhere?

I used yellow sticky traps, which quickly bogged due to dead white-flie corpses, and resorted to using alternative applications of rogor and carbryl, every few days! Still, all it did was keep the insects at a uniform size. Problem was, a huge population in the bushes of the neighbors plants and weeds. They were so thick that when picking Tomoatoes, I inhaled them, had them in my eyes etc.

I've never come across anything remotely like such a imfection. Until now in fact, the only time I've encountered them in any number has been indoors, on grass, and they were considerably smaller and easier to deal with.

I stopped spraying the plant, and in no time they had killed it.

Nasty beggers.

Anyhow, thought the pic might serve as a refference of sorts.

cheers

rob

post-2-1198416447_thumb.jpg

Aw Crap!

There's not even a branch left to clone?

Rotenone or neem will usually do them in but you'll have to spray the neighbors as well.

Try some soap in a hose end sprayer mix in some neem if you have it. Just plain old dish detergent. Won't hurt anything but bugs and it softens the soil as well.