hermie

hi im 5 weeks & 4 days into flowring white rhino and i just notice a few male flowers on some of my plants.

i do not have light leaks, temps are good, i have slightly burn them with nutes though, at the moment im feeding them EC 0.8 canna aqua PH 5.8. do you think this is normal for white rhino? or have i got a real problem & they are going to go to seed. what should i do now,

i have just pulled all male flowers off that i could see. i found a total of 5 male flowers in my space of 30 plants, there maybe more but i cannot see them without pulling the plants to bits.

i think i read somewhere onece that some plants can give out a few male flowers near the end of the grow,but im at 5 weeks & 4 days into flowering and white rhino is a 9-10 week flowring plant, so i have weeks to go yet before the rip,so my plants are not near the end yet, so i shouldent be seeing male flowers just yet should i ????

please anyone put my mind at rest,if its bad news, i dont care, i just wont to no

I had the same thing happen to two of my SkyWalkers.. im still not totally over it!

it's sad and its obviously hard to do but if theres definate sightings of pollen sacs (check the pics on this site theres some awesome ones!) ya gotta pull it i reckon.. you can pull off seed sacks but im pretty sure they'll just grow back.

i had two definate females and there was no way i was gonna risk em gettin pollenated by those damn hermies so i got em outta there straight away.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

take it ez & good luck with the rest!

the plants all came from the same mother, as clones that i took. how comes some but not all have male flowers ?

i did have my lights abit close to the plants for about 1 week & i have nute burn them abit,do you think this may be why this has happend ?

as for pulling the plants, im growing in NFT so that is going to be hard is'nt it, what would i do about the roots left behind ? wont they rot away and make a mess of my other plants roots ?

as i say ive got 30 plants and they have great big buds,the biggest ive ever grown, loads of thc everywhere and they small fruity as hell. my biggest top is about as round as a 2 litre bottle of coke, out of the 30 plants ive found 5 male flowers total and that is no more then one male flower on a plant most plants dont even have them,well not from what im seeing

i just dont like the sound of killing the plants that ive always dreamed about growing, anyone ealse think i should chop em ???

just a little update, no more male parts being seen. buds are dripping with THC, i am 7 weeks and 2 days into flowering so hopefully not long now before i get sticky fingers :photo:. i am in the flushing part now,im going to lower the EC day by day untill im at EC of 0.0 and then leave them like that untill i chop em

I CANNOT WAIT UNTILL THE BIG DAY COMES :scratchin:

I had pre harvest nanners last grow, I pulled them off and also misted the plants at lights out time with water, (I believe the pollen isn't viable for long after being wet - can anyone confirm or deny this for sure?). Seemed to keep the seeding down to a minimum there wasn't enough to be annoying - maybe about 25 seeds per ounce? They look beautiful, don't kill them on account of a few seeds - they won't affect the taste or potency of your bud.