lights turning off on their own

I had what sounded like a similar problem once before some years back with a brand new controll box.

After the light ran for a couple hours it shut down the light, hummed, tried re-starting etc.

I took it back to the place I bought it, and he told me he'd sub-contracted the wrok out, and to save money the people who made the box up had saved by not using the right something or other. A bloody 2 dollar difference in the price of the part. It might have been like a diode or something, I realy dont know, he replaced it on the spot and didn't really tell me what the problem was, only that it was a simply cheap part.

MAybe it's got nothing to do with your problem, but I was just wondering if the stress from the burning in the power supply fried the same part?

If it is the same prob, it'll cost next to nothing to fix. You just need an honest bloke who knows what he's doing to look at it for you.

All the best mate. Hope it works out well for you.

rob

thanks for all the help guys, its highly appriciated :unsure:

i think i found out what the problem was. one of the ballasts doesnt make any noise what so ever, yet the other one makes a heap of noise. weird thing is the silent one is a good few years older than the one making the noise, but since i have left the noisy ballast unplugged i havent had any issues with the other light as yet :D

i still cant figure out why one faulty ballast was taking out both the lights, but just so long as the light remains on in my flowering room i'll just put a couple of 400s in there to take over the job of the dead 600w light lol not only will i have 200w more above the plants, i'll also have more sources of light so hopefully the yield will also increase.

i'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress and again thanks for all the help, without it i would have probably lost this crop and only a couple of weeks away from harvesting at that lol

well that didnt take too long, the "good" light just died as well :unsure:

fuck it, im moving the flowering plants into the vege room, adding a couple more 400s in there and im just gonna let them go. im sick of all this fucking around and since im going to replace most of my shit in the coming weeks i'll just give the old lights to a friend or something lol