Leaves going kinda thin and slightly curling at ends, also bit of blac

Hi all,

Im growing 2x beauties, 400W indoor, not far from finishing :D

I have started to notice a few leaves beginning to curl and thin out (they may have just grown thin)

and a couple of leaves are starting to get black tips?

I don't know if its normal but a lot of leaves seem to be yellowing and falling off. Theres still a lot of nicely coloured ones and the buds are looking healthy, getting nice and thick on top and more turning up at the bottom :D

I did notice a couple of little blue flies as well but theres only a couple in there and i have a small homemade trap (banana in a glass covered in clingfilm with little holes in it) which has got a few of the ones i didnt squish..

I would upload a pic but having probs with cam, any advice would be very much appreciated...

Take it easy

Hello raggs, when the plant is nearing its final weeks of life its not uncommon for the plant to extract any sugars, starches and chlorophyll from the older, lower leafs leaving them pale , dry and discoloured .... imo thats what is happening to your beauties and is nothing to really worry over ...

any chance of picture of the plants themselves ? also answers to billo's questions would be great help in diagnosis ..

:D

Thanks for replys everyone :D

@billo

I'm really not sure how long is left.... its on my to do list to get a nice microscope!!

I started flowering about 18th October.

I use soil all the way baby, never liked the sound of hydro.

Nutes are Vita Link (obv im using bloom not veg now)

pH is according to a chart i found on here! Probs 6.5-6.8

Temps inside are 55% rH and bout 75 f

No i haven't flushed yet, i thought you did that like a week before harvest?

@Frazzle

The pic is a bit lame, im still gettin used to the cam :D

Enjoy!

post-13492-1197202926_thumb.jpg

@WantDaChronic.

Yeah could be small pots maybe, theyre not amazingly big, bout 60-80cm guesstimate :D

I dunno if it's a nitrogen problem as i fed them ground coffee and eggshells for nitrogen and calcium bout the same time as turning 12/12 for a bit of a boost.

I'll take the advice bout the flushing definately but is it def a good idea to lower nutes whilst its putting so much energy into creating thick buds? I thought that might cause more problems with nute deficiencies?

Obviously im not sure which is why im asking here so if you reckon thats the best course of action let me know and i'll give it a try!

Thanks for the reply..

are the leaves dying from the bottom of the plant and working their way up first starting on the shade leaves which grow on the main stem and eventually going up the other branches as well? if so chances are they are simply rootbound, but a flush wouldnt hurt anyway :D

but if you are worried about the nutrient levels just start them back on full strength. they should be ok, its just safer starting at lower levels :D

Yeah they are.

They were just from a nice bag of skunk and im pretty sure they're sativa which i didnt really plan on having, the cupboard i got was a bit too small!

I think i'll take your advice and lower the nutes after a good flush, don't wanna mess up the taste after all :D

Thanks for all the advice mate you've been a real help!