JBL 30 amp Timers

i have 3 of these , but 1 i have just noticed the screen has gone dead , i cant seem to find the pissy little instructions that came with the unit , i have just pulled it apart to see if there was a battery inside , but it seems to be soldered to the board .

Has any one else had one of these units die on them while in storage , at a guess its probably 2 years old max , but only probably used for 6 months in that time , probably been stored for the last 6 months as a back up.

Has any one successfully resurrected one of these ?

i have just plugged it in hoping it might trickle charge the battery , to get the screen back up

post-3292-1196763076_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lucian

i have 3 of these , but 1 i have just noticed the screen has gone dead , i cant seem to find the pissy little instructions that came with the unit , i have just pulled it apart to see if there was a battery inside , but it seems to be soldered to the board .

Has any one else had one of these units die on them while in storage , at a guess its probably 2 years old max , but only probably used for 6 months in that time , probably been stored for the last 6 months as a back up.

Has any one successfully resurrected one of these ?

i have just plugged it in hoping it might trickle charge the battery , to get the screen back up

This happens to t all the time, send it back to the supplier

George

"edited to remove shop name by Skywalker"

Sometimes the LCD display can move inside the case if it's bumped and lose contact with the circuit board. I've found a couple of units have done that but are quickly fixed with a pull-apart and then making sure everything is nice and snug. It's more likely that it's just a battery drain thing, but perhaps that could be something to check later.

well after 24 hours charging , i have resurrected the lil bugger , put the other spare on charge just to make sure it didn't do the same thing as well .

thanks again people , much appreciated , didnt wanna thow out a 50-60 dollar relay timer , even tough i still had 1 x spare

now i got 2 spares atm , well they will come to use in the future