Where to get 100mm centrifugal fan in Oz

Hi guys, my 150mm centri, even on a fan speed controller and in a somewhat sound proofed in a box, is just to noisy for my small grow :P I need to downsize my fan and filter to 100mm and cant seem to find them in oz. I'm a bit suss on ordering from overseas but in this case i may have to. So anyone know a tried and trusted UK\Overseas hydro shop that stock these babies. Cheers

One of those comp style puck fans won't push through a filter though, nor will they move anything close to what a 100mm centrifugal or mixed flow fan would.

Try contacting a mob called Westaflex in Western Australia, they make plastic centrifugal fans in many sizes, and while they're a wholesaler, you should be able to be pointed towards someone suitable.

Fantech also make some great fans, and I think they have both centrifugal and mixed flow (kinda like a superior axial with higher pressure capabilities, but isn't a centrifugal) fans in those sizes. Once again, they're wholesalers/manufacturers, but they should be able to point you in the right direction. 100mm centrifugals are out there, but I wouldn't expect them to be all that much more quieter. A mixed flow fan might be a better go if it's just a small room and you're not needing to push air spectacular distances.

Have you tried using a couple of lengths of acoustic ducting on the in and out ends of the fan? That and a baffle around the fan can help a great deal, although it sounds like you've got a baffle of sorts already. Hanging the fan from a rubber coated wire or two, or something that will isolate the vibration can help, and ensuring that all your duct lines, (acoustic really is great stuff) are as taught as possible will minimise noise and resistance. There are some really spectacular silencers on the fantech website too, it's worth a look and they have a lot of good advice. I've just recently got meself a 200mm fantech ventmajor and it rips air like no tomorrow. :P Gotta get a fan speed control soon but it's servicing a cool tube and a 1.2m growtent really nicely.

http://www.fantech.com.au/ Hope that helps. :P

Thanks luke, I'm only running a small cupboard setup approx 1x.5x1.8 and need to keep the stealth. So my duct lines are very short like .5m. The 100m m filters are hard to find but i should be able to buy a 150-100mm reducer to save buying another filter. I've seen some fans mounted in acoustic boxes, not sure of the sizes though, on uk sites but they are pricey. I'll check out those links, cheers. Edited by NEOBUD

i got good news for ya, yu can get a 125mm centrifacle fan works a treat and only 40 watts power and great with odorsok i got it pulling thru 6 meters of duct......call simply hydro in nerang, qld theyll hook you up, i tried tha 150mm and was 2 loud but tha 125mm is the quitest yu gonna get for a inline cent fan, hope that helps....but over 600watts light id get 150mm and up.