MAKESHIFT

HEY Gize!!

it's been a while, good to see some of the old potters still hanging around.

Now i have just cut a peice of bamboo wich i think would be ideal for a bong. The problem is, i have no idea where to start.

The bamboo is a lushes green, must i wait for it to completely dry out and go brown?

and must i cover it with a glaze of some sort,? as to stop the water rotting the insides.

c'mon, some of you crazy OzStoners gotta be able to help me out. you dudes have got the best advice B)

Much love, ONIKS-your fellow Ozstoner who hasnt posted in a long fucking time hahah.

I WILL POST PICTURES OF BAMBOO LATER IF ANYONE ASKS.

Good to see ya back on the boards oniks.

Let it dry out 1st, and what i did with a bamboo bong i made once to help water proof it i filled the inside of it up with a good olive oil and let it sit for a week the olive oil soaks into the bamboo and stops the water making it go yuck.

There is prob other ways of doing it as well but dont know them my self...

Good to see you're still about oniks B)

I've made a few bongs and bowls outa bamboo and the ones that were green when I cut & drilled em eventually cracked,

so yeah dry it out first.

To waterproof the bongs I just poured hot wax inside while turning it a bit, with the hole drilled, but no hose. Doesn't need to be a thick layer of wax, just make sure the whole inside is coated B)

:peace: