When to Start Flowering

Sup everyone.

It's been awhile since I've posted, so let me inform you that my bubblegum plants are doing tremendously. I've got some shitty pictures that I'll post as soon as I can send them to my email, but to give you an idea of how well they're doing, they've grown to about 18" in height (~45cm for you Aussies), have huge leaves, and are very bushy. Not too tall, but leaves EVERYWHERE. I noticed a few days ago that they both had developed flowers at their tops without my involvement whatsoever. I figured it was as good a time as any to start cutting back light hours. I've been taking an hour off the timer every day for two days now, so they're at 14 hours right now. They're only about 6 weeks old, but they're busting out flowers everywhere now. I was originally going to start flowering at 7 or 8 weeks in, but they seem to be doing just fine.

Any tips for starting the flowering period? I lessened the "grow" nutes, and added more "bloom" nutes already.

depending on what youre growing them in really.. but i like to give a good flush to take the grow mix out of the medium and start with a fresh batch of flowering nutes.. others are different.. some will just gradually add in the flower nutes.. either way i dont think it will make a lot of difference.. personally.. i like to start from fresh as soon as the lights go 12/12

some people if theyre in pots of good soil.. the nutrients are usually depleted when its time to flower, so they will repot into a fresh flowering soil mix..

gradually turning the light back.. or just turning it to 12/12 from the start of flowering.. i am not sure if there is any benefit either way.. i will always just turn the lights back to 12/12 immediately..

theres so many different nutrients out there that will have different specs.. its hard to say what you should use as usually they will all do what you want.. i guess the best way is to stick with a reputable brand..

i use DutchMaster hydroponic nutrients.. with OziTonic/monstabud... with a little rock juice added... its taken me a while to work out the right doses and when to ad them.. its all really a trial and error thing...mistakes have been made.. but i am pretty sure ive got it worked out were it suits me.. its the best part of growing.. learning from mistakes made.. and some not so mistakes..

are these plants grown from seed? or clones??

seedlings i would be waiting until youve sexed them before flowering them... so when you pick out the males.. the gaps can be filled.. by an extra week or so growing... no point flowering a half full room.. is there?.. the biggest thing to remember is.. the plant will be at least 2/3rds the size bigger... keep that in mind if you need to worry about height... nothing wrong with tying the plants down to spread the canopy.. this will greatly increase yields too