Labors 2007 Platform

Imo the only law that should apply to cannabis is property law. If someone steels your plant or stash they are charged accordingly. Other than that, it should be left the fuck alone. I don't need a license to grow tomatoes ffs!

As for harder substances, well I still don't believe anyone has the right to tell others what they can or can't put into their bodies, especially when legal drugs remain to be the heaviest burden on our society :P

We should be a bit more optimistic WDC, but then I suppose we should also get off our arses and actually do something to effect change in the legislation.

...maybe in my spare time :P :P

Imo the only law that should apply to cannabis is property law. If someone steels your plant or stash they are charged accordingly. Other than that, it should be left the fuck alone. I don't need a license to grow tomatoes ffs!

I agree with you 67. It would be great to live in a society that wasn't such panic-stricken views towards cannabis. I'd actually prefer it as if society of today, could view cannabis exactly like it was before it was prohibited. As it was commonly used in all aspects of life, pre 1930's or whatever. It's medicinal/recreational use wasn't that prevalent. But with the demonizing of the plant, it seems the majority of the population thinks 'drugs' automatically when someone mentions cannabis nowadays.

So because of this twisted perception we seem to have nowadays. I only threw up the idea of a licensed regulated industry so the hyper-sensitive folk that needs to pick things to pieces for political correctness, they'd have something to mull over. Just an idea for consideration, no doubt many other peeps would have a lot betta ideas on how to bring society around towards the truth.

:P

The Howard govt worked overtime to draw cannabis into the general public perception of 'the scourge of drugs.' Media, in particular News Ltd but also the SMH and ABC for a short spell, were complicit with Howard's re-demonisation of cannabis, trying to link it to 'ice' and identifying grow-ops as 'drug labs.'

Feeling News Ltd was a bit of a lost cause, I chewed a big piece of ass off both ABC & SMH for identifying grow ops as 'drug labs.' A garden is not a laboratory and to call it such is misleading and biased toward zero-tolerance anti-drugs campaigners' talking points. After me and a few others yelled at them for this, threatening Press Council complaints, both SMH & ABC stopped this practise.

One of the biggest failures in drug avoidance 'education' (it's really just propaganda) is that it lies to people who already know better... as well as oversimplifies the case for people who don't know any better. Zero-tolerance campaigners want the general public to believe that cannabis is just as dangerous as heroin and methamphetamine. It is in the ZT interest to muddle public knowledge so that 'drugs are drugs,' never you mind that the only way cannabis is going to kill you is if you drop 100kg of it on your head.

Coming from left field and lumping all drugs together it might be worth asking the ZT people about prescription drugs and how dangerous they are.

The word is about 5000 people die of bad reactions to prescription drugs in Australia every year.

But we don't want to talk about that little nasty do we.