Marijuana 'like chips' in Arnhem Land

Author: ABC

Date: 20 Nov 2007

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11...?section=justin

Copyright: ABC 2007

A new study has found extremely high rates of marijuana use in Arnhem Land.

Researchers from James Cook University in Cairns and the University of Sydney surveyed over 240 people in three communities.

One of the authors Kylie Lee says almost 60 percent of people surveyed smoked marijuana, compared with less than 20 percent of the general population.

Ms Lee also says those who smoke, smoke heavily.

"Users smoke using bucket bongs so they are getting the full hit of the drug as well. And they are smoking more than seven cones per occasion," she said.

"One quote from a leader that spoke to me will always stick in my head. He said, if there is a bowl of ganja on the table people will just smoke it from morning to night until it's gone. So he almost likened it to food - like you have a bowl of chips on the table and it just goes."

As though it's any different anywhere else you happen to leave a bowl of ganja lying about... :peace:

Wow...I was reading that article and it all seemed pretty level headed. But then the line about the chips. That's probably the worst analogy that I've ever heard. Yes weed will generally be smoked until the chop has been finished. But the fact that both chips and weed are generally finished does not make it a good comparison. The propaganda wagon rolls on.

So, maybe it's the bowls that are at fault here? ;)

I mean, each morning I put 4-5 weet-bix in a bowl and 5 minutes later they're gone :peace:

Come to think of it ;) everytime I shit in a 'bowl' it just disappears ;)

The solution is simple I suppose, ban all bowls!

Fact is, people will write anything to get their dodgy study printed and what better excuse to spend a week or so touring Arnhem Land than asking Aboriginals about how much pot they smoke. Especially when real studies into health etc. won't get funded by a government determined to keep their indigenous population drunk, stoned & sick lol

...now, where the fuck's my bowl lol

So, maybe it's the bowls that are at fault here? ;)

I mean, each morning I put 4-5 weet-bix in a bowl and 5 minutes later they're gone :peace:

Come to think of it ;) everytime I shit in a 'bowl' it just disappears ;)

The solution is simple I suppose, ban all bowls!

Fact is, people will write anything to get their dodgy study printed and what better excuse to spend a week or so touring Arnhem Land than asking Aboriginals about how much pot they smoke. Especially when real studies into health etc. won't get funded by a government determined to keep their indigenous population drunk, stoned & sick lol

...now, where the fuck's my bowl lol

exactly

This reminds me of when the co-alition gov I live in hope of seeing the arse end of this weekend took a trip to A NT "hotspot" of aboriginal violence etc.

Truth is it was pretty wild, with what I think were acurate reports of people fighting running battles each day around dusk from one end of the town to the other. It may have been Bagget, but not sure. It was a long running clan fight who know-one can rec all the reason of it's onset. Sorta like the hatfields and the mcoys but with spears and not shotguns.

I don't mean to step on political toes, but it was when that friggin nazi Mal Borough stood in the main street and loudly anounced "I big white fella from CAnberra who controls the dole. If u don't stop fighting right now, I will cut you off the dole"

I shit you not, that's what he said. In fact,he used expletives which I didn't know liberal party clowns even could say!

Anyway, that's the guts of thos story I was reading, when they started to mention pot.

The article went on about the huge amount of viollence and excessive drinking going on, and to "top it all off" a well known fortnightly run of dope was to arrive that evening to co-incide with dole day. They admitted that at least when the pot arrives the town settles down, and warring sides seen tearing each other apart sit down and smoke together. But the pot soon runs out and the drinking starts again and off goes the war again.

Now am I gifted with some magic insight or is it simply painfully obvious the fortnightly run of pot into town isn't the big bad evil thing they made it out to be. In fact, one might wonder why the gov doesn't subsides a daily run for the safety of the townsfolks who dont want to war.

Buggered if I know why they don't grow their own gear either...like the good folks of Arnhem sound as though they might

anyway...

rob

from http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003402,00.html

Some said it could have good effects, calming people down and "preventing them from engaging in criminal behaviour".

Notice how no one is paying attention to this statement, which in reality, may have been many statements from many people...

the media is obviously more interested in the opinion of some cocksucker at Sydney University who has never pulled a cone in their life.

Potent marijuana blamed for remote youth suicides

Read between the lines of this one and it's fairly obvious that this Susie Low is playing along the lines with what the gov wants her to say. Amazing what extent some people will go to keep their arse locked into a government funded project.

If she cared to step into the shoes of these people having "psychotic episodes" she might see the picture for what it's most likely to be. Entrapment, when people find 'emselves in a position like a lot of blackfella's in romote places, your going to have people going off the deep end from time to time. This Susie Low prolly has a nice modern home to return to once her stint is done 'n continue on with her career. Well, a lot of these blackfella's don't have that option...

Stop speaking bullshit government driven propaganda Susie, just to keep your arse in a cushy job. Speak the truth now, or these blackfella's will never have a decent crack at life. These wanker workshops lead to a dead-end.

Go hard brudda! ;) :whistle:

Damn straight. ;)

This reminds me of when the co-alition gov I live in hope of seeing the arse end of this weekend took a trip to A NT "hotspot" of aboriginal violence etc.

Truth is it was pretty wild, with what I think were acurate reports of people fighting running battles each day around dusk from one end of the town to the other. It may have been Bagget, but not sure. It was a long running clan fight who know-one can rec all the reason of it's onset. Sorta like the hatfields and the mcoys but with spears and not shotguns.

I don't mean to step on political toes, but it was when that friggin nazi Mal Borough stood in the main street and loudly anounced "I big white fella from CAnberra who controls the dole. If u don't stop fighting right now, I will cut you off the dole"

I shit you not, that's what he said. In fact,he used expletives which I didn't know liberal party clowns even could say!

Anyway, that's the guts of thos story I was reading, when they started to mention pot.

The article went on about the huge amount of viollence and excessive drinking going on, and to "top it all off" a well known fortnightly run of dope was to arrive that evening to co-incide with dole day. They admitted that at least when the pot arrives the town settles down, and warring sides seen tearing each other apart sit down and smoke together. But the pot soon runs out and the drinking starts again and off goes the war again.

Now am I gifted with some magic insight or is it simply painfully obvious the fortnightly run of pot into town isn't the big bad evil thing they made it out to be. In fact, one might wonder why the gov doesn't subsides a daily run for the safety of the townsfolks who dont want to war.

Buggered if I know why they don't grow their own gear either...like the good folks of Arnhem sound as though they might

anyway...

rob

Yeah we did see the arse end of the coalition and mal brough got the arse aswell.

I really do hate Mal Brough

Potent marijuana blamed for remote youth suicides

Read between the lines of this one and it's fairly obvious that this Susie Low is playing along the lines with what the gov wants her to say. Amazing what extent some people will go to keep their arse locked into a government funded project.

If she cared to step into the shoes of these people having "psychotic episodes" she might see the picture for what it's most likely to be. Entrapment, when people find 'emselves in a position like a lot of blackfella's in romote places, your going to have people going off the deep end from time to time. This Susie Low prolly has a nice modern home to return to once her stint is done 'n continue on with her career. Well, a lot of these blackfella's don't have that option...

Stop speaking bullshit government driven propaganda Susie, just to keep your arse in a cushy job. Speak the truth now, or these blackfella's will never have a decent crack at life. These wanker workshops lead to a dead-end.

You speak the truth there mate.

The properganda and bullshit is the reason my mum is so worried they have got parents worried out of there skin about it.When the reality is quite different.