Can we graft our ladies to other plants with success?

Just a thought here from a 1st time grower.

Would it work if you struck a MJ cutting and transferred the rooted cutting to say a tomato plant? Cutting the stem, adding rooting hormone and the cutting and taping the whole area with budding tape or similar? Would it grow or would it fail? Think about it and give me your thoughts!

Also when i smoke, i think and get very inventive, a whole new creative side of me comes about, can anyone explain this?

Looking forward to your theory's.

Chill Oilman! :thumbsup:

With grafting cannabis onto other plants it wont work as there make up it to diffrent.

From what i under stand the closest thing to cannabis is hops the stuff used in beer they are in the same family but dont know if pot can be grafted to it.

Smoking pot can make u think out side the square and see things in a diffrent light, imo it frees the mind to see things in a diffrent way...

I'm quite sure cannabis has been successfully grafted to a hop plant, but I don't think any of the active ingredients in cannabis were transferred over into the hop plant.

EDIT:

In 1975, the research team of Crombie and Crombie grafted hops scions on Cannabis stocks from both hemp and marijuana (Thailand) plants 205. Cannabis scions were also grafted to hops stocks. In both cases, the Cannabis portion of the graft continued to produce its characteristic amounts of cannabinoids when compared to ungrafted controls, but the hops portions of the grafts contained no cannabinoids. This experiment was well-designed and carried out. Sophisticated methods were used for detecting THC, THCV, CBD, CBC, CBN, and CBG. Yet none of these were detected in the hops portions.

SOURCE

:thumbsup:

Cannabis can be grafted to hops and other cannabis . the thing is though that it's pretty pointless so a waste of effort

you normally want to graft something to get an advantage ( often speedy growth ). Cannabis grows fast by itself with such a fast turn around a graft which woudl take a good 3 -4 weeks to recover from would be pointless, and as nuggets quote showed the hops didn't contain any cannaboids eighter

Thanks for your theorys guys, i just thought if it was possible to graft, imagine the possibilites of stealth growing MJ attached to another plant with the same foliage colour.

For instance, your grapes growing over the pergola throwing out the odd grafted MJ clone in full sunlight out of the way or that flowering trumpet vine on the fence with grafted clones glistening in the sun!!

Oh fuck it..gotta stop dreamin'!

chill oilman

It wasn't exactly a graft, but many years ago we had bananas in the back yard and I sharpened a hardish young stem cutting at a node & speared it deeply into the banana palm well above my height. It survived & eventually grew so well that I couldn't pull it out so I'm guessing it had grown roots into the banana palm. I ended up breaking it off because I don't like keeping things at home...