it sprouted!

I have had my seeds floating in a cup for about 5 days now and I woke up to check that their is one that sprouted (the rest didnt but I will leave them in there), I dont know if it sprouted yesterday since I forgot to check, or over night.

It's only really small, should I leave it in the cup to sprout some more or is its tiny little sprout enough to take it out and start growing, I'm just worried that this might be as much as it will sprout and then it will die if I leave it longer

can someone also link me to that guys page with the germinating in the cup, I lost it :thumbsup:

thanks, all advice welcome, I will be back this afternoon to check, I hope it doesn't die

Edited by Shang Tsung

Hi Shang Tsung

Congratulations on your first baby sprout. :thumbsup: :peace:

I see no reason why you cant put it into the grow medium you have chosen to use.

Cheers

Buddy.g

thanks! I'm pretty excited, just hoping I wont fuck it up

I'm buying some soil tomorrow, so what should I do in the mean time? just dig up some dirt and throw it in until I get good stuff, or can I leave it in the cup

edit:

I just put it in soil with the sprout kind of facing upwards and I put gladwrap over the top of it (to keep it humid)

Edited by Shang Tsung

Use a seed raising mixture for the first few weeks before transfering them to the potting mix as many are too rich in nutrients for the new roots to handle, when you get the soil make sure it's a good quality brand with the PH adjusted to 7.0.

:thumbsup:

I wont be able to get anything like that until tomorrow, for now I have it sitting in soil that some other plants were growing in

am I doing the right thing? :peace: