What is Adelaide like ?

I might be moving to Adeliade in a year and was wondering what the cannabis scene was like there, I am in QLD now and its very uptight here and there is even a law against water pipes. In fact I am more curious what the glass scene is like there, does anyone know any local blowers / lamp workers ? Are there any on here ? I'd really be into meeting up with you, especially if I move into the area.

I can't compare to other cities but, although there seems to be plenty of cannabis for anyone who wants it I know damn few people here who want it. On top of this we seem to be losing our greatest paraphernalia shop - the great Freewheelin' . This store supported local glass workers. Politics here are becoming more conservative and lately there have been bannings of bongs and vapourisers (pipes too I've read..). HempSA (our advocacy group) are a lame duck and only dust themselves off each time a state election comes along (I don't know why they bother really..). Hey, it's a great place to live (even though car registration outstrip population growth 3 to 1) but if you're interested in going with the flow best wear your suit and tie. Fuck, I think I need to move..

I was told that cannabis is legal in SA, is that true ?

I read your link to the Freewheelin post, I really want to find out more about if that is true or not (pipes and bongs being banned), as if it is true, then there is no real reason for me to move there as that would seriously hurt my business and the art I enjoy doing.

ofcourse cannabis isnt legal in adelaide, but you wouldnt no it really.

ive had cops walk past me while smoking joints in town and just look the other way.

having said that though, i did once have a run in with a real cunt of a cop but all they do is try to act tough and shit

but also i got a $50 fine for having about 20 grams or so. haha and he took my tin too but then i went to the cop station and said it had sentimental value to me and they gave it back and it still had a couple of cones in it :thumbsup:

so yeah its pretty sweet and pretty easy to get on even if u dont no anyone.