Best Strain for depression

eexpee

Question

i also think a sativa would be best for relief of depression...i bought the Origional Haze which is a pure sativa from the flying dutchman via planetskunk mainly for this purpose..

however any cross that is 50% or higher sativa would probably be ok.

95% of the time i smoke marijuana simply because i enjoy it..the other 5% of is for when im depressed..(very depressed)

physical exercise..going to the gym..or jogging or walking are good depression reliefs also...you get happy drugs like endorphins and serotonin released when doing these things...also the extra oxygen exercise forces you to breath in helps...

changing your diet can also help get rid of depression....as can changing your train of thought...

..but if you are too depressed to bother going to the gym or eating a salad..or even getting out of the house..then marijuana can be a great help...

...as for specific strains recommended to relieve depression i dont know..gonna do some research on it now...will chip in again if i get info on specific strains recommended....

i also think a sativa would be best for relief of depression...i bought the Origional Haze which is a pure sativa from the flying dutchman via planetskunk mainly for this purpose..

however any cross that is 50% or higher sativa would probably be ok.

95% of the time i smoke marijuana simply because i enjoy it..the other 5% of is for when im depressed..(very depressed)

physical exercise..going to the gym..or jogging or walking are good depression reliefs also...you get happy drugs like endorphins and serotonin released when doing these things...also the extra oxygen exercise forces you to breath in helps...

changing your diet can also help get rid of depression....as can changing your train of thought...

..but if you are too depressed to bother going to the gym or eating a salad..or even getting out of the house..then marijuana can be a great help...

...as for specific strains recommended to relieve depression i dont know..gonna do some research on it now...will chip in again if i get info on specific strains recommended....

also eat more bananas..one a day is good..natural serotonin stimulation, potassium, and good roughage to keep you regular as Merv.

I held back from replying last night but i think it's important to clear up that Sativa largely effect the cerebral cortex and they also release more serotonin than indica's which often contain more CBD and therefore release more dopamine instead of seratonin. Sativa's will be a great short term solution but they will make permanent recovery harder as you will be draining what your trying to teach your body to build and release regularly.

If you are "Clinicly Depressed" then anything that releases larger amounts of serotonin unnaturally is only helping the short term problem. The problem itself exists allot of the time because your body has troubles creating and regulating it's seratonin release and a constant drain like smoking every day will make the road to recovery harder. Your pills ( assuming you take something ) will keep you all balanced out and you will likely only have occasional mood swings but if you where to miss out of eighter your tablets or cannabis even for a day you would notice the negative side

Just my opinion but Smoking and Depression going together doesn't work for everyone and only you will be able to see the effect it has on you.

I think most can agree that Cannabis does not cause depression, But it's also not unnecessarily the best long term solution to the problem eighter. If you can manage to totally fix yourself with nothing but bud you where just down and in a rutt which sux ass but the good news is that you likely never had true Clinical Depression caused by a chemical inballance WHICH IS FANTASTIC as it's less likely to come back !! if however you do know you are clinicaly depressed , my sugestion is a 2 fork road of mild medication to deal with the issue and smoking sensibly just for recreation if thats your choice , Hash in particular would be fantastic as for some reason it does seem to come out mainly CBD. Vaporising is another option , I am till looking into wether it's possible to isolate cannaboids with variations of heat much like isolation with a still but it's a long process that i don't expect done any time soon ( certainly fun studying it though hehehehe )

Hmm, so, if i were to use primarily sativa to help my depression, it would theoretically make it worse, but indica wont have such a negative effect? Because I find I can get depressed pretty easily when stoned, but find it almost impossible to while high, or for that matter, drunk.

Well, yes, I have chronic clinical depression caused by a chemical imbalance and am currently taking the maximum recomended dosage for zoloft (200mg) still without optiomal effects. I still get depressed everyday, just not as bad as I was, which is good, as I know I am recovering, but marijuana, whether I smoke it daily or every second day seems to help me a lot. When I went without I didnt see a dramatic change in my depression, if anything it was a little worse, and I dont really see much of a change when I do take it either, but it makes me appreciate things better and cope with life better, so I suppose it does have a positive effect on my depression.

But my soul use of cannabis isn't to self medicate, but to enjoy, explore my mind, relax and see things from a different perspective.

I was thinking about going with some white widow or skunk haze, but if the sativa dominance is going to have adverse effects, maybe I should stick with some good indica strain?

Thanx for your input guys, I really do appreciate it.

Dunno why everyone seems to think sativas help :peace:

I have had a mild case of depression that I can't shake, since my early 20's

Any intense emotion, and this is mainly happy emotion, causes me to cry like a baby, doesn't matter what I try or try and think, I just blubber. So I humm along at a low level mostly all of the time, this has been my defense mechanism, and it's ok.

Without pot I'm like a mongrel kid, irrational and a bit too highly strung.

Smoking Skunk mostly seems to burn me out, I smoke and smoke until I flake out and the come down is a little harder.

Anything with a decent whack of Indica seems to mellow me out the best.

I have really liked Northern Lts, and have grown Northern Lts x Shiva and found a big greasy Indica makes me feel calm and contented. The purple Indica strain I had but lost was a good one too.

Try something with Northern Lts. Northern Lts#5 was going to be one I wanted to have a go of.

St Johns Wort has helped a little but takes a few weeks to build up and I doubt would have much effect on someone with a bad case, but it's something I suppose

I'm with you bufo anxiety and depression often go hand in hand and with the tendency for sativas to sometimes invoke paranoia I would suggest an indica dominant strain as the place to start as well.

However that being said, I believe cannabis is good for making depressed people feel better, but its no good for curing the depression. Exercise and good diet is the best place to start for that, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread.