Very Sick Babies, Please Help

Hey all. My poor little bubblegum sprouts have been through a lot this week. I had them set up to be fed every other half hour, and as such they showed signs of over-watering. I stopped watering them for almost the entire day, and now have them set to be fed 4 times a day, for a half hour each time (half-hour units are the smallest I have to work with). Now the poor little guys are getting more burnt looking spots on the tips of their upper leaves, and show limited signs of recovery from the over-watering.

Now I'm going to be gone this coming weekend (plus Monday), and I don't have anyone to entrust with their care, so I'm stuck with the timers. I'll post pictures, but the quality is crap due to my phone being cheap. If there is anything at all I can do for them, I'll do it. I'm really worried for the guys.

post-13899-1194592940_thumb.jpeg

post-13899-1194592948_thumb.jpeg

Shit. I just re-checked the pH of the water I had running through it.

I was expecting it to be a light green. What I got was fucking blue. :(

I guess the dust from the pebbles or something really raised the alkalinity.

Put in fresh water, added nutes, set pH back to 6.3. Flushing as we speak.

I'm really really hoping that was all.

he kreegor

first they have much to much water been given,and second

you have been feeding them to much,ive the leaves have small burning point's on hte tip

it means they have a little bit to much nutrents

this is why i always grow on soil,you have a much bigger bumper to make mistakes with your feeding

hope to be off any help to you ,and goodluck with your plants

You have to wash the clay first to get rid of the dust and then soak it to set the ph. I set mine at 5.0 and it seems to work well - rises about 1.0 over 2 days. Just keep adding buffer until the ph level stays put at what you want - eg- 5.0ph while they are soaking for a day.

I think that ph is too high - let it cruise from 5.6 to 6.1 to get the most from it. The plants will access different things at different levels - see attached pic.

With a 30min timer you will have to try and figure out how spaced you need to make the feeds - but get a digital, $20 in Woollies...I would try every 4hrs too atm then 10mins every 2-3hrs when you get a digital.

Jimbo :peace:

post-7898-1194649719_thumb.jpg

hi Kreegor -

Shit. I just re-checked the pH of the water I had running through it.

I was expecting it to be a light green. What I got was fucking blue. wallbash.gif

I guess the dust from the pebbles or something really raised the alkalinity.

Put in fresh water, added nutes, set pH back to 6.3. Flushing as we speak.

I'm really really hoping that was all.

Peps have told you about the pebbles (was out first) but my tip is to

purchase yourself a digital ph pen
:somke:

Hey everyone.

Good news. I came back from my trip a few days ago, having put fresh pH adjusted water in the tank and set the timer to feed 4 times a day. The little bastards are living it up. They've grown several new sets of leaves and look extremely healthy to boot. I checked the pH, and it was again much too high. I reset it to 6.3, and checked the next day. Blue. I saw your replies, and yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Set the water to around 5.0 and let it raise itself up. Other than the constantly raising pH, the buggers are doing fantastic. Thanks for all your help.

Another thing, though. My plants are a little under a month old, about 8 inches tall, and have new sets of leaves growing from the top and the bases of the branches. I've always heard that Bubblegum begins its flowering period around 7-8 weeks in. I'm going to be gone for a maximum of 4 weeks, starting December 9th. Can I expect to harvest by that time? I'm thinking I need to arrange a grow space with a friend of mine back home.