Cannabis grower shot dead ...

A MAN charged with the shooting murder of his boss allegedly told police he was being made to grow and sell illicit drugs against his will, a Sydney court heard yesterday.

Dusan Maric, 32, from Canley Vale, is accused of fatally shooting Zoran Vujinovic at a house at Round Corner in the city's north-west late on Friday.

Police reports tendered in Parramatta Bail Court said Maric shot Vujinovic twice in the head from point blank range with a shortened rifle.

Police said Maric committed the murder, citing claims that Vujinovic had refused to release him from an arrangement they had to hydroponically cultivate and supply cannabis together.

Maric had repeatedly pleaded with the other man to "let him go". However, police said the matter came to a head on Friday when Vujinovic allegedly told him "forget your wife and your child, this is your life".

Police allege Maric smoked an entire packet of cigarettes before he retrieved a rifle and shot Vujinovic in the forehead.

They said the victim collapsed to the floor in the foetal position then Maric fired a second shot into the back of his head. Maric then allegedly went to PJ Gallaghers hotel at Parramatta for prearranged drinks with a friend.

Shortly after that he asked to be driven to Fairfield police station, where he surrendered.

Police said Maric handed the rifle to an officer at the front desk and allegedly said: "Please help me, I've just killed a man."

Maric did not appear in court in person. Magistrate George Miller formally refused bail.

Maric remains in police custody and will appear before Parramatta Local Court by audiovisual link on December 13.

Author: John Kidman

Date: November 4, 2007

Source: Sydney Morning Herald, smh.com.au Fairfax Digital

Copyright: The Sydney Morning Herald.

See what can happen when ya smoke a full packet of cigarettes ... :(

:(

Police allege Maric smoked an entire packet of cigarettes before he retrieved a rifle and shot Vujinovic in the forehead.
He should have smoked some pot and thought of a smarter way to deal with the problem, nicotine has been shown to increase stress levels whereas mj lowers them. :( What a bullshit excuse anyway, he'd have got less time for just telling the cops about the grow than he will for murder.

:(

what a load of shit, the guy wanting out could have easily told the other guy he is quitting and if he has any problems with that to take the entire crop, all the equipment and just forget there was ever an arrangement :( sure there could have been complications like him being told to forget his family and to continue growing, but he could have threatened to go to the police or be nice about things by giving his partner everything to forget the arrangement. while that would have made the tension in the air so thick it could have been cut with a knife, it would have showed he was serious about getting out of the business and it would have saved a life...

personally i think there were money issues between the 2 guys like the guy who got shot wanted half the crop because he supplied the cuttings when the other guy took all the risk of growing the plants. I know i'd be furious if some person thought because i was supplied with a few tiny cuttings that they were entitled to half the crop i grew :(