Moving baby plant for a life indoors &

Just sprouted a few plants but decided theres 1 too many for my outdoor location so....

1> Will it be okay to move a few day old plant from outside into a new life indoors? I assume it'll be fine just checking.

2> I will try and get a mate whos handy with wiring to make a light rack thing (i saw someone on these forums with a simple strip of wood and 3 CFL's sticking out the other side) but failing that what / where do you guys suggest getting some good lamps?

3> CFL's themselves. I would like to get some >40w CFL (40w fluoro not incadencent eqivilant) but haven't found anywhere locally who sells them. Bunnings come closest with some 26 and 30w bulbs. Any suggestions or do I just have to import from USA?

The plant in question is a Thai Stick strain :(

if you can get 26w and 30 CFL's i recommend buying them if fluros are going to be your prefered lighting source that is. well you would be far better off spending a bit more and getting a 130w fluro from a hydro shop, but if you are wanting to spend as little as possible those smaller fluros would probably be the go.

that plant should have no problems coming indoors, just make sure to keep the lights a fair distance away the first couple of days to give it some adjustment time :(

and while im thinking about it, i have heard of thai strains, but i thought thai sticks were buds wrapped to a bit of bamboo or another skewer like bit of wood :(

Thanks Chronic, yeah I'm just going to run with the simple CFL and see how it goes, its really only excess to my needs so anything it produces is a bonus and it'll be my entry point into indoor growing. I'd like to consider going full LED the following year perhaps anyway thats straying from the topic at hand :(

Thai Stick, well I ordered from marijuana-seeds.nl and those were the 5 freebies given, I got 10x Easy Sativa too. Can't tell you much about the Thai strain yet but I'll surely get back to you on that :(

you should be warned now that fluros and sativas dont mix, they'll get heaps stretchy and probably fall over half way into flower :( well that is unless you have heaps of fluros and a decent fan blowing on them, but sativas really need high levels of light so if you can afford a MH or HPS light i highly recommend getting one and using the fluros for cuttings and supplimental lighting during flower :(

you should be warned now that fluros and sativas dont mix, they'll get heaps stretchy and probably fall over half way into flower :(

Ahhh! Good find! For some reason I was thinking Thai Stick were prodomently Indica but they are not. Hmmm that puts a spanner in the works... I wanted to avoid high consumption HPS/HID/MH for my first indoor grow so hmmmm I'll think about this maybe just find a space outdoors and start indoor next season....

On a bright note - whilst I was writing this my Greenhouse kit arrived! Slightly unrelated as its not going to be filled with weed but still something I've been hanging to receive :(

EDIT: Chronic, if I did go HPS/MH whats the lowest light you'd recommend? Are the <400W any good? ? Ideally if I could do the job at around ~250w output I'd be happy. Just the 1 plant, doesnt have to set any records but not be a utter disappointment either. (Will grow in spare toilet room, about 90cm W x 120cm D x 200cm H)

Edited by Click_It

Ahhh! Good find! For some reason I was thinking Thai Stick were prodomently Indica but they are not. Hmmm that puts a spanner in the works... I wanted to avoid high consumption HPS/HID/MH for my first indoor grow so hmmmm I'll think about this maybe just find a space outdoors and start indoor next season....

On a bright note - whilst I was writing this my Greenhouse kit arrived! Slightly unrelated as its not going to be filled with weed but still something I've been hanging to receive :D

EDIT: Chronic, if I did go HPS/MH whats the lowest light you'd recommend? Are the <400W any good? ? Ideally if I could do the job at around ~250w output I'd be happy. Just the 1 plant, doesnt have to set any records but not be a utter disappointment either. (Will grow in spare toilet room, about 90cm W x 120cm D x 200cm H)

how much lighting you need will depend on who will be smoking the crop, how much they smoke and the time between the harvests. just say you harvest every 3 months and you smoke an ounce a month, you'll need to yield a minimum of 3 ounces to ensure you have enough buds left over until the next crop is ready. if anyone else is going to be smoking with you, you have to factor in how much they'll also be smoking.

personally though i recommend using a 400w HPS because the area you intend on growing in will be an almost perfect fit for a 400w light, you could yield a half pound of buds every 3 months no problems and the cost of running the light can be off set by changing the way you use electricity around the house :( for example, if you are using incandecent globes, change them to CFL's because a 60w globe can be replace with a 20w globe, turning the lights off when you leave the room will also save you a fair bit of money in the long run (watch the latest mythbusters if you dont believe me), turning off you computer when its not in use will save heaps of power because they chew heaps of power even when idle, etc. if you become very energy concious you wont even notice the 400w light adding anything to your bill and even if you only replace all the lights in your house with CFL's you'll probably notice a $20-30 jump every 3 months in your bill :(

Ok thanks. So I obviously will need a kit right (ballast, fixtures etc) with these HPS/MH bulbs?

I was thinking of getting a 14K MH Bulb. But I'm reading that even red MH through flowering isn't as good as a HPS, so apparently I need some sort of converter so that I can run the HPS in the MH Ballast? Bordering on complete confusion now, if anyone can shed some light (ok bad pun!) that'd be grand :(

I figure these are my 3 options:

MH KIT + Conversion for HPS BULB

$99 MH KIT + Bulb

$25 MH 14000K Bulb (to replace the kit bulb which is useless for vege)

$?? Conversion fixture thingo

MH KIT + HPS KIT (best of both worlds or wasting money?)

$99 + 25 + 99 = ($215 total)

HPS KIT (just ignore MH entirely)

$99 + ~25 = ($115 total)

The reason I didn't entertain HPS for vege was I couldn't find a good HPS in the blue light spectrum like I could with MH. Maybe I just need to keep looking.

Edited by Click_It

Gidday

its just an extra plant ya playing with & uv already got the lights...

check Kryties setup https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...17475&st=16

or mine for that matter ;) https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=17566

All I'm sayin is it'll cost u sweet fa to use what u got this round. ur gunna buy hps later anway... just save ya $ for now. ;) :peace: