What are the Best LIghts For Indoor Growing?

I'm new to indoor growing and i need some advice from the "Old Heads" on how to do it. On the internet im readign all kinds of stuff abotu how these HPS and MH bulbs make the plants grow faster, but i've always been told by the old heads know tha the best thing to do is just rig up a couple 4 ft. fluorescents and that will do just fine please help me. I would love any and all advice that there is on what is the best way to grow indoors quickly and produce the most potent budds please help.

Thanks In Advance,

Greenhorn TYrying To Grow Some Righteous Green

4ft. fluros LMFAO :D ... they are great for lighting up Woolies shops , but if you have a seriously decent sized area that has good air-flow and plenty of head-room then you definately want High Intensity Discharge lights, namely hps or mh ...

Fluros are great for small wardrobe-type grows, its just that they dont have the blinding intensity that the hps or mh have

keep in mind that HID lighting uses alot more electricity and produce alot more heat and need to be suspended a couple a feet above plants ... so it depends on your situation

Welcome here 420 lol

hehehehhe

fluoros are great for cloning...

but for real growth and vigour...

hid bulbsd and ballasts are the go

with fluoros the bud density wont be that hard

but with the lighting from a hid..

nice tight and hard buds...strain dependant ofc

u can easily grow with fluoros its a personal thang imho

but investing in the hid will make u happy come harvest

all the best

bil

Thanxs... i was thinkin of building an 8'x8'x6'-8' grow box lined with mylar sheets divided into2 8'x4' sections one for growth and cloning, and the other for flowering... The strains i was gonna work with was gonna be White Widow, NYC Diesel, and probably Caramelicious or a Haze not sure yet, im mostly tryin for some good budds to start then collect the pollen from my males and crossbreed the three together a few different way till i get soemthing noteworthy, any more tips on nutrients and soil and just anything yunz can help me with would be greatly appreciated once i get my operation off the ground ill post step by step pics as i grow my babies :(, also if anyone has any cheap ways to generate CO2 or tricks to just keep a steady flow of it onto my crops and anything about cheap ways to ventilate my crops i would love to hear them...after i get some seeds from my hybrids ill defeinetly share them with anyone that wants em'

p.s. what the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were removed..:(

p.s.s. its an honor to be a part of this website

hey greek.. the room youre thinking of building is sort of the same size of mine.. .. mine is 4'x8'..

have a look at this tute ive written on building a recirculated hydroponics system..

its a detailed tutorial on building a recirc system.. but theres some pics of the room .. so you can get a little bit of an idea..

with a grow box like youre thinking of building i wouldnt go for the mylar sheeting.. mylar can burn the plants if theyre to touch it.. i would opt for the white panda.. or white laminated sheeting like what ive used..

any ways have a gork and see what you think..

Skunk thanxs very helpful...also i have soem questions about recirculating the air back into the box just like from top to bottom circulation outside ofthe entir growbox in like pvc from top to bottom to cool they air will this work or do i need constant new air going in??

that would just pump hot air back into the grow room :( what you need to do is suck fresh air in and then exhaust the air from the grow room outside somewhere where it wont be able to get back into the grow room. doing that will keep the temps alot lower and the plants will love you for it :(

the exhaust air needs go through a carbon filter or an ozone generator to take the smell away..

its best to draw the intake air from a low down position where its cooler.. it needs to be fresh too.. as plants breath the air.. you need to replace the stagnant air with fresh cool air.. also you need to keep air moving through the room or youll end up with bud rot.. or mold.. or what ever you want to call it..

If i ented my rowbox just into my open room, would the smell leak out to say the outside or wuld it stay pretty cntained in the room or at best i nthe house because im not worried about my house smelling like reeefer but i realy cant have anyone outside my household knowin they might steal my cops.... would like just sparying febreeze in the room with an oscillating fan eliminate any smell problems??