Yellow leaves on mother plant...

Hi all...

the plant I wish to make a mum out of appears to be ill. Her leaves are very yellow and thin (see pic). lol

She currently resides in a DWC 10L bucket with netpot. On weak veg nutes (canna), bioacids, root conditioner and superthrive.

Her roots are not like the other ladies either. She's very "stringy" - with lots of short roots coming off main roots and a light brown colour, whereas the other ladies have nice vermicilli-like roots which are creamy-white.

I have checked the pH and it's ok.

Is it likely to be a Magnesium deficiency, and if so, how do I go about fixing her? I know it involves epsom salts... but how much, and should I flush her first? :D

Any help would be much appreciated.

post-13245-1194331350_thumb.jpg

post-13245-1194331365_thumb.jpg

they way these plants look.. its a sulfur deficiency.. its very rare.. as plants dont use a lot of sulfur but they do use it.. ive only seen pics in books and this is exactly what it looks like..

how youve got it and how to fix it.. i got no idea..lol.. its a very very rare deficiency..

frazz is probably right on the money with the pythium .. root rot.. this could be whats causing it... altho.. with root rot the plants cant feed at all.. so its unlikely to see a sulfur deficiency before you see a nitrogen deficiency..

copied from this page... nutrient problem chart

Plants suffering from S deficiencies exhibit yellowing of new growth. Mix one tablespoon of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.

but i doubt this will help until you got your root issues sorted out..

This happend to me with DWC! And I've heard it happens alot. Yep sure is root rot. I thought mine was from stupidly adding molasses as they were near finished.

I tried taking one and putting it in soil, but she didn't make it either. Once the roots go, it's over with.

I was using lavarock. What a mess. Good luck to you...