Fluro Grow light setup

Looks like it works ;)

What other possible solutions did you try? How tall can the plants grow with this one?

o, and what type of fluoros are those you got there? nice and compact lol

Yeah it works well ty.

This is the only setup I've tried & the next grow will be a true scrog. (More ideal for the current setup.)

I'm a cheapskate so any advice on modifications are most welcome. :D

The newbies are just 20w Phillips soft whites (2700k) $15 from the local Safeway for a pack of 3.

:D Very nice! Beautiful plants!!!

I use CFLs in my veg box and I admire ur setup there! Mine are in clamp on lamps all over the box.

Too bad you don't have a Walmart, I get 3, 28w (100w output) for $6.97USD.

I've replaced almost every bulb in the house with them as well. I love them.

You grow beautiful flowers! lol

Hey mate...

I like your setup mate. My first grow is entirely CFL as well, Im running 9 x 23W 2700K (Warm White) and 2 x 23W 6400K (Daylight) on 2 girlies that are now 3.5 weeks into flowering. Im almost stunned at how well its working, I did not think I would get such decent looking buds from flouro's.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=17475 Check it out if you want! Ive yet to do an update for this week, ill do that this afternoon.

With that setup I got away with using 2 120mm PC fans for air (Until I shoved my finger into one accidentally while servicing the girls).

Just make sure you keep the tops no further than about 10-15cm away from the lights and think about hanging a few extra CFL's vertically into them to get some light into the lower regions.

Too bad you don't have a Walmart, I get 3, 28w (100w output) for $6.97USD.

You grow beautiful flowers! :yahoo:

Thx Granny... Compliments are ALWAYS welcome. :thumbsup:

28w? I wish I could get them locally. These are the biggest "household" fluros I've seen so I grabbed em. :D

I'll look around a bit harder next time & I just noticed Kryties comment ya can get em in 6400k too! :yahoo:

Hey mate...

I like your setup mate. My first grow is entirely CFL as well, Im running 9 x 23W 2700K (Warm White) and 2 x 23W 6400K (Daylight) on 2 girlies that are now 3.5 weeks into flowering. Im almost stunned at how well its working, I did not think I would get such decent looking buds from flouro's.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=17475 Check it out if you want! Ive yet to do an update for this week, ill do that this afternoon.

With that setup I got away with using 2 120mm PC fans for air (Until I shoved my finger into one accidentally while servicing the girls).

Just make sure you keep the tops no further than about 10-15cm away from the lights and think about hanging a few extra CFL's vertically into them to get some light into the lower regions.

Ty Kryties.

I've been peeking in on your grow. :thumbsup:

I'm at about 3 1/2wks too & just starting that sweet sweet smell. :wub: lol

post-13748-1194490337_thumb.jpg

I can't get the light down into her because 1-she fills up the room & 2-she's pretty tight. ;) lol

Suggestions on how maybe it could be done?

I run the lights no more than 3" above her at all times.

She has got to within about 1/2" a few times but that was a bit too close for the GL fluros. B)

& about the fans... Ilky not long posted me the pc fan idea in my grow diary. :thumbsup: it's cheap :greedy: hehe, it's easy to set up :bang: & it's compact. :ph34r: Not 1 pc fan... not 2 pc fans... BUT 3 PC FANS! lmao anyway it's all in there. ;)

Anyways I'll sketch something up & give yas a look see.

Thx again guys.

post-13748-1194497112_thumb.jpg