hi guys and girls, :D

I have discovered some small white/yellow insects that seem to me like thrips. They are all around my clone tray and underneath the heat mat but as far as the ye can tell - not yet on the clones.

They are crawling and 'hopping' like fleas which suggests to me that they are prepupae moving into adults?

The clones are in RW and have only just shown roots and are still delicate so I am unsure whether to dose them with my trusty Pyrethrum?

Any suggestions? I was taking a pic but batteries dead - maybe in a few hours...

Jimbo lol

ha jimbo i had some trouble using pump pack pyrithrum as it seemed way to strong and burnt my clones and grow tips on well established plants...i swaped to aerosol pyrithrum and all worked out well.. the pump pack stuff i got from woolworths and will never use it again...try home made sprays with garlic,hotpeppers etc works great..good luck mate .....spaceleaf

fire...

that'll wipe em out..lol

but sadly ull loose ya clothes too

i have found with pests

u really need to break the breeding cycle

that means spraying within every 12 hrs

after a week of constant spraying

and mixing the sprays up(diff sprays etc)

i like to use some pyrethium,soft soap,garlic pyrethium and to finish em off i use a product called PEST OFF

all the ebst

bil

So the pyrethium didnt kill them .. just pissed them off lol .. might have to start with a program like billo suggested cause thats the key to break their life-cycle which is usually short like days or weeks, and to find out where they are coming from ...

maybe if you got ladybugs in your outside garden you could bring some in to the plants and they would kill the bugs very quickly any bugs that get on the plant will be killed by teh ladybugs .. start an insect war see who wins

:D

Hey jimbo, another to add to the rotation is neem oil.

Also have a look up high for flying adults, like fungus gnat.

If they ping like fleas tho, they could just be springtails.

If theres leaf damage, they could be clover flea type, but not likely.

Good luck with it mate.

hey,

Not sure if you will be able to get your hands on it but there is a pyrethrum aerosol spray can available through pest controllers. It is for use in a doser in kitchens and other areas.. This stuff is costly but will knock the shit out of any infestation.. then to stay ontop of these problems you just use the doser, set to once every 15mins-4 hours depending on room size...

OK...I doused the whole room in kerosene and set it on fire but they still came back. lol

Nah- I have been dosing around the area with the big P every few hours (and once or twice on the clones) and they seem to be dwindling in numbers.

I am keeping the room in complete dark so they are attracted to the light and moisture - seems to be drawing them out.

Good thing too cause the little buggers bite!

Jimbo :D