to set the lights up... you need to work out the room size according to what the lights will do.. you need somewhere between 30-50watts per foot square... i would have the 1000watter in the middle with the 400's on the sides.. a 1000watter will do a space of around 5-6foot squared.. a 400 will do a space 3 foot squared.. for this room i would make it... around 9 foot wide by about 5 feet wide.. this will give you about 45 square feet of grow space.. about 40watts per foot of light.. which is about where youll want it..

right thats the room size sorted out...

depending on how many plants youll fit in there will depend on the size of the pots...

you never design a room on how many plants you want to grow.. always design a room by what lights youre going to run... once the area is lit and ventilated properly you can have as many plants as you like in there..

for this set up.. i would probably go with an 8 pot recirc hydro system.. 4 under the 1000 and 2 under each 400... of course if you want to cut grow time down.. you can fit 9 under the 1000 and 3 under each 400... try and spread the pots out evenly.. you dont want the plant to grow much bigger than the pot it is in..

good luck with it all.. and cant wait to see it action.. lol