Burning leaves in sprouts

Hey all.

I've got half-month old Bubblegum sprouts that have been growing beautifully in rockwool, and just today I noticed what looked quite a bit like burn marks on the tips of the leaves. Did I have the light too close? It's just a 60 watt fluorescent thats been hanging maybe 3-4 inches (8-10cm) over the tops of them. Moved it to about 6 inches (15cm) away today. Could I have misdiagnosed the issue?

Hi Kreegor

A picture speaks a thousand words if its at all possible.

Have you been feeding it nutrient? if so how much. Could be nutrient burn lol

Do you have any air circulation?

The light you have sound like a good distance to have it. I know of peps who grow with the light just off the plant with no worries.

These are just guesses ;) i would need to see a pic. :D

Cheers

Buddy.g

personally i think the light hieght is fine and chances are the burning has been caused from there either being too many nutrients are your pH has been slightly off leading to nutrients being locked out lol in either case the solution is the same, give the plants a flush with pH adjusted water, start them back up on very low levels of nutrients to avoid giving them too much and before you know it the ladies should be happy as :D

Well, I've been switching off and on, feeding them pH adjusted water with BioBizz Grow in it, think it's about 6.5, and then flushing straight filtered water, around 6.3. I'll ease off the nutrients. Only camera I have is a cheap phone one, you probably couldn't even see the problem if I took a picture. The sprouts look strong and healthy, just have a few leaves with tiny brown spots at the tips.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep you guys posted.