seeds planted 2nd sept, budding already

as the topic says somebody i know planted seeds 2nd of sept and they are fucken budding already ! talk about getting teh timing perfect. no wonder they were always convinced never to plant before octobber, but they were so worried abotu grasshoppers they planted early and now they've got budding plants AND a massive grasshopper infestation

that sucks !!

the hours of light determine when it will revege, but the greenhouse would help the plant get over the infestation and give it a gret recovery environment. by the time the plant recovers, it should be on its way to revegging which would happen alot faster if the plant was in a greenhouse ^_^

but since your friends garden is too big for a ghetto greenhouse, i would bring the plants indoors of a night under a light to encourage vegatative growth or simply wait it out because summer will be upon us soon enough and the plants wont really have a choice in the matter, they'll start revegging :D

i think in aust we are pushing it for 14 hrs of sun

at the longest day

i have no luck reveging outdoors to date

ive had to put em under light5s for that effect

but wat i have noticed is they slow down real slow

wen the days are growing..so maybe thats a semi revege im unsure

all the best

maybe get some more beans out there

or next time start the beans indoors under fluoro

get a jump on the season and remember to change the photoperiod indoors to be similar to outdoors otherwise they go straight into flower i have noticerd..

all the best

bil