The Cool Tubes are glass and I believe they are made from Symex (special Pyrex borosilicate).

Provided borosilicate glass is not subject to rapid change in temperature, creating undue thermal shock, it can be operated safety at temperatures up to 250 °C.

Not sure about what temps are thrown - would depend on the bulb I guess but Gazza's correct in saying that they will burn ya'...

Jimbo lol

Edited by jimbojones5678

hey there buddy

they are a great option if you are using alot of light in ya room or if you are growing in a high heat area

but do be careful of which brand you buy as i have seen a few peeps off of here part with there hard earned to then have there cool tubes crack after 1 grow

so do ya homework and get one of the trusted brand and hopefully they wont break on ya

cheerz

i'm running cooltubes with 1000w lights in them. the fan does a good job of shifting the convected heat but you still get radiated heat through the glass. temps are too high for grow closer than five inches where the canopy temp is about 85 degF but they work well otherwise. there is some light dropoff if you don't keep them clean but i've never heard of them breaking spontaneously.