Anyone grown "bush" strains hydroponicly ?

bush weed is pot that is grown outdoors, it doesnt matter if you put the most indica dominate strain out thats suited to indoor growing only, it would become bush pot the second it goes outdoors lol

but to answer your question sativa dominate strains are not really that well suited for indoor growing ;) you can still do semi ok with them, but you'll pull a crop twice as fast and yield more than twice as much aiming for strains with more indica in them than sativa ;) sativas just stretch and give out skimpy buds unless you have stacks of air flow and heaps of light, but imo they certainly taste alot better grown indoors as you can flush the plants leaving only the taste of the buds behind and not the medium + nutrients it was grown in ;)

these days most bush growers.. or home grown outdoor growers are growing some sort of indoor strain .. for some reason an indoor made seed will grow very well out doors.. some growers are good enough to get the pot so well grown its hard to tell whether it was grown outdoors or in.. but seeds that are made outdoors dont seem to go too well indoors.. im sure with time and a few well chosen crosses you could end up with a strain from outdoors to grow well indoors..

i am not sure why it works OK one way but not the other.. but from my experience all the seeds that ive grown that were made outdoors under natural light dont go very well at all indoors under artificial light.. how ever seeds that have been made indoors seem to do extremely well outdoors...

to grow out full on sativa plants in doors you can use a product called BONZA BUD not bonzi bud as there are 2 products that do similar stuff with same sounding names the stuff you need is the bonza bud. it will keep you plant hight to a manigble level and help it be able to pack on good weight.

i used to know a bloke years ago that used it to grow nevils haze indoors in a turbo tank with some indicas to and he would rave about it.

My first hydroponic experience was with plants I had been growing outside for years, what I had always considered at the time to be mullum madness. Anyway, regardless, that's th size we're talking about. not being game enough to go full blown hydro, I used large pots with a mix of flock and clay balls, hand watered with one part nutes. They took 4 moths to finish out, in a grow unit Imade especiallly for the job. They were monstrous to care for. The grow unit was 8 feet tall, and 4 feet sq. I spent hours some days tieing branchs down (4 plants). The flowering cycle was about 4 months.

It was a long time ago, but I doubt there was any noticable difference to the plant's dried appearance, and certainly didnt change the potency.

The 4 plants yeilded a pound, but the cuboard looked like spiders from mars . When I opened one of the doors, I was greeted with arms full of plant spiling out.

I suppose the only thing worth noting aboutthe whole experiment is outdoors sativas aren't very convenient for cuboard growing unles u have loads of time. The smoke was equally good both ways, prob yeilded roughly the same given the short veg time I gave them. (i used to veg them from spring when they were outside and they would produce a pound to 20 oz depending how dry the season was, and in the cupboarde I flowered them at about 6 inches tall).

I got hold of more appropriate strains very quickly that's for sure.

Hope some of that helped answer your thoughts a bit at least.

cheers

rob

I think anything anyone grows nowdays is going to be from imported seeds.

By bush I take it you mean plants that are not from a bred strain, but rather from random genetics and crossing.

I think that stuff was phased out years ago.

Even seeds you may find in a deal now are probably from a named strain, such as Skunk.

There is just too much of the named strains being grown now, and their genetics being spread around, for the old un-named varieties to remain, at least in their pure form.

The last un-named strain I grew out was years ago and was from some imported Indonesian pot that was going around for quite a while at the time.

It was brown in colour and had a few black seeds in it.

I grew some of them out and they turned out to be a short sativa plant with a fairly low yield.

Smoked ok but not a stand out.

As to whether these un-named strains that have been mainly grown outdoors will look like "hydro" if grown indoors, well if you grow it hydroponically then it will be hydro.

It will still look much the same as it will still be the same strain, whether it is grown indoors or out.

I grow the same plants indoors as outdoors; the buds turn out just the same.

Actually the outdoor grown ones turn out a bit better, because you can't beat the natural sun. And that's taking into account that if I grow indoors I use 1000W lights.

I have had people tell me that the outdoors ones are "hydro".

A lot of people think that "hydro" means the named strains such as Skunk, and so seeing say a Northern Lights grown outdoors they call it "hydro" because it has nice chunky resiny buds.

Anyway grow it and find out. Would help you if you knew what the plants the seeds come from were like, that is whether they are a tall sativa or what.

creature of the forest

Edited by creature of the forest

Theres a strain around here thats been a fav of the loclals for 40 years plus, breed for the climate and so on (small bushtown by the way yer) It grows outdoors with good results..and some of this bush weed ive seen under lights performe as good as some indoor strains..But it pays to realy understand the needs of plant to be able to get a decent crop indoors.. when shes ment to be grown out side..

:bongon: