Power outage

howdy

was wondering in the situation where one knew that their electricity will be cut off for an hour or so between 8 am and 12pm and they are mid to late in their flowering cycle, if that the power cut should be ignored . ie. leave schedule with the break in it, or change schedule slightly . ie. longer dark.

any ideas?

would be nice to know what to do in such a situation before it happens!

If you were worried about adding light to the dark time that might be a problem.

But remember that for flowering the plants need at least 12 hours complete uninterrupted dark...

As long as they get that, the extra dark won't make a difference.

Just resetting the timer is the best advice!

When I have to vary the sked of flowering plants, like everyone else, I prefer inserting a long night to a long day.

I've had power outages lasting up to 3 days with little ill effect on my flowering plants, but 3 days in the dark is enough to induce some flowering behaviour in my clones and vegging mothers. No fan-forced ventilation for 3 days also tends to cause humidity related problems.

I've bought a petrol genset which will easily run my mother & clone lighting and one of my two 1000s in the flowering area. Running one of the two lights in my flowering area will at least convince them that it's daytime, if not hit them with sufficient amts of light for usual flowering.