Clones Direct Into Soil

3 or 4 weeks ago I had a few left over cuts from a CS mother and a RM/MM plant I got..

anyhow I gave them to the Mrs and said try something different with them.. so she dips them in rooting gel and puts them directly into Searles premium potting mix and just puts them in the garden outside..waters them every 2nd day.. no nutes...

this is the results.. :wave: actually she was more sucessful than me with my Green house and heat mat.. lol

post-1074-1191752331_thumb.jpgpost-1074-1191752412_thumb.jpg

post-1074-1191752527_thumb.jpgpost-1074-1191752624_thumb.jpg

post-1074-1191752684_thumb.jpg

just shows that what works for some may not work for others.. lol its always good to try different ways.. lol

Yeah I'm doing the same at the moment - I had a cutting that I stuck in a glass of water until it showed roots, then popped it in some cheap crap Brunnings mix.

I have to use the heat pad as my temps are still pretty damn low but it hasn't looked back either. They just sit on the kitchen windowsill and get diffused sun light.

I am also having good success with my gardenia cuttings atm.

Jimbo :wave:

You can strike a shitload of clones this way, just poke a bunch of evenlt spaced holes in the potting mix in a pot and quite often you don't even need rooting gel or powder. It also works better if you use seedling raising mix. A lot of us old folk used to do it this way. Before clonex we used honey.

I was round a mates a few weeks back , he was topping his clones and was throwing them away i picked one up went home put it in some soil no gel or powder mind you just sprayed it daily and kept it in shade and its growing nicely .I have also done the glass jar and water method as jimbo mentioned , but found it takes longer and have to keep changing water .Once i cut around 50 clones stuck them all in seed raising mix and it was fairly hot summer just kept spraying them 3 or more times a day outside and everyone of them rooted real quick in under a week that was with powder not gel . I read somewhere gel can actually make the process take longer ?? dont know if its true ?? I have similar to what youve got above, the trouble im finding is that as i want them to grow into vigourous vegetive growth there starting to head as they are used to there old longer light cycles i have them in soil pots and some extra broken down chook manure to try to boost there vegetive growth nitrogen and to slow down the budding lol i want them to really take off ?? Once the full summer hits im sure there going to , but there budding up now !!