why wont it grow....

ok well...

my seedling has been a sprout for 3 weeks now. i planted it like 4 weeks ago. it has 3 sets of leaves including the dummy leaves and is 6 cm tall. is that normal??? its doing stuff all and im gettin angry. my mates is same age and is way better than mine. it gets pleanty of sun and the soil is kept not dry, but not wet either. im getting worried that its stunted or something. its in expencive organic potting mix in a big pot. wat am i doing wrong? :wave:

Probably nothing except worry over it too much... :wave: Was it bag seed or do you know the strain? It sounds to me like you're growing an indica, I have a Hindu Kush that's shorter even than the others but it's healthy. Does the seedling have a wide leaf?

a pure Indica has a wide leaf.

Can U post a pic?

yep

early days the plant is building a strong foundation of roots

and indicas dont show the vigour of a hybrid and take a while to vege

the only other conclucion i can come to without pics is that

maybe the organic soil is too strong for ya seedling

and has resulted in stunting it....how bigs thye pot its in

all the best

bil

I agree with everyone.

I grow in soil. Your Ph should be 6.5-7.

What I would do is repot into a smaller preferably see through container> I like cut up 2ltr soda bottles for this<

Put the plant in plain soil and use filtered or rain water until it's roots are showing at the sides.

What happens when you put a small plant into a big pot is that the roots tend to run around the outer edges of the pot and never fill in the middle. I think you'll find that this is what she's been doing, busy growing roots to fill up that big pot...

I try to mainly foliar feed plants in soil to both avoid buildup of nutes and to make the flush in the end easier.

With a good rich soil you should not have to feed to get strong plants, I know it's scary, especially with all the talk about different nutes, but you're not growing in water. If you feel nervous that your plant is starving, go outside and look at a tree. the tree is in soil. The tree is just fine. The only time you will want to add nutes is to boost flowering, and again, foliar is better, do it just before the lights go out.

The one thing I would add to soil is Piranha or a similar product, and tiny amounts of compost tea or

sugars to keep those root fungi happy. Because the fungi feed the roots.

Whew... sorry for being so long winded !

Edited by Granny

Coming from a seed also there is def the possibility of a stunted plant it does happen>> I always am a merciful man and don't kill em off because more then once I've got better then expected strength out of dwarf plants>Tho it probably is one of the above give it a chance to prove itself like the littlwe engine that could> GM

I agree with everyone.

I grow in soil. Your Ph should be 6.5-7.

What I would do is repot into a smaller preferably see through container> I like cut up 2ltr soda bottles for this<

Put the plant in plain soil and use filtered or rain water until it's roots are showing at the sides.

What happens when you put a small plant into a big pot is that the roots tend to run around the outer edges of the pot and never fill in the middle. I think you'll find that this is what she's been doing, busy growing roots to fill up that big pot...

I try to mainly foliar feed plants in soil to both avoid buildup of nutes and to make the flush in the end easier.

With a good rich soil you should not have to feed to get strong plants, I know it's scary, especially with all the talk about different nutes, but you're not growing in water. If you feel nervous that your plant is starving, go outside and look at a tree. the tree is in soil. The tree is just fine. The only time you will want to add nutes is to boost flowering, and again, foliar is better, do it just before the lights go out.

The one thing I would add to soil is Piranha or a similar product, and tiny amounts of compost tea or

sugars to keep those root fungi happy. Because the fungi feed the roots.

Whew... sorry for being so long winded !

I'd advise against the see-through/clear container.

Light damages roots.