clone from any branch?

hey mrsmokey1, heres the link to the propagation pages, have a look at toms thread on cloning its a real good tute, may as well have a look at the 3 of the pinned threads there as ya can never learn too much.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...p?showforum=110

chopping a full branch will effectively stunt or stop the growth of your mother or maybe even put her totally in shock and she will die. just use the growth tips approx 2/3 inches from the tip with atleast the first nodes, if not the second or third nodes, just depends on what suits the grower really. i just experimented until i found the way that best suited me. one thing i do find but is make sure you use very clean equipment (blades, gloves, even tip a small amount of cloning solution into a clean nip glass or similar so you don't contaminate the original container for future use ) have your rockwool cubes already prep'd and flushed and ph'd, so the cutting spend as little time in the open air as possible.

hey

i like to take the whole lateral branch

i work on taking the lowest and working me way up

i just take the whole branch as i dont have to come back and prune later

cut me clone and bin the rest

check out skunks tute great and simple all 3 tutes are

aall the best

bil

i also make my cuts on the clone underwater

and i use jiffy 7s

This is already very well answered, all I want to add is that there are more rooting hormones closest to the bottom of the plant, the vertical growth hormones are nearer the top, so the lower you take clones from the faster they should root!

The wonderfull thing about Photosynthesis is that The hormones that cause the plants rapid growth are in the top vascular part of the plant during the lights on so as to collect and put out as much energy as possible , and then when the sun goes down that hormone actuallly changes it's focus to the root system. This is one of the reasons why you tend to root clones faster on say a 21/3 cycle than you do with 24/0.

Also taking clones from the lower parts of the plant is not advisable though not devastatingly bad, as your more likely to pick up the weak parts of the gene pool I have seen many a line of clones go totally shyt because of bad clone selection ie lower cuts . If you want to clone the plant in it's best condition firstly never clone when your dealing with nutrient deficiencies and seccondly take the healthiest specimin you can afford to , i generally like to take it from around the middle , these often get shaded out anyways so imo can be better used as a strong healthy cutting.

Cloning is just like any other tissue culturing in the way that the particular tissue taken from the plant can totally change the end results so selection is really quite important

I haven't lost a clone , had it stall on me, or have it degrade in future gens , going by these rules which can be implemented into anymethod for well over 2 years so i can say it defiantly pays off to take that bit of time for selection :wave:

i clone the absolute best crowns.. usually all main crowns.. the best of the best for the next crop..

but really any part of the plant will clone.. interesting theory about the plant hormones differing from the tops to the bottoms.. never even thought of it that way... makes sense

in MJ botany he states that the older wood will root easier than the new growth.. i take my clones about 4inches tall.. so ive probably been cloning the new growth.. might explain the 3-4 weeks it takes for me to get roots... :wave:

It's true the clones taken from the lower parts are kinda scraggly, but they root faster, and if you veg them longer they fill out nicely. Which kinda evens out in the end huh... There's really no other reason to take them from the bottom except for that.

i ended up cloning the very 1st branch in week 4 of flower( didnt have anywere 2 out it b4 then) cause it was small and wouldnt make a good bud.....its been in tha dome a few days under 100w fluro and tha dome is sitting on a tray of water( but not touching) to make hum...hopefully it roots its got a small bud flower and a few leaves i trimmed them b4 dipping in pro gel and into r/wool if not im gonna have 2 re veg its still nice and green but slightly wilted but its alive all i can hope 4.