Chocolate Biscuits of Doom

I made these today! Made them for a friend who was very stoned after just one biscuit (took 2 hours)! I have adapted this recipe: http://glasswings.com/food/choc-doom.htm

I made half the recipe and got 10 cookies, so a full batch is about 20.

Note: This recipe is good to use with cannabutter because of a] its use of butter as the main wet ingredient, and b] its short baking time (no THC destruction).

Chocolate Biscuits of Doom lol

Ingredients:

125 gm (1/2 cup) cannabutter

1/4 cup caster sugar

1 cup self-raising flour (or plain flour with 1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and baking powder) (I used the SR)

Pinch salt

1/4 cup chocolate powder (drinking chocolate)

1 tsp vanilla essence

1-2 Tbsp milk (if mixture is too dry to shape into balls at the end)

Method: :peace:

1. Cream cannabutter and caster sugar (can use a spoon or electric beaters)

2. Sift and stir into the butter mixture the self-raising flour (or plain flour with baking soda and baking powder), salt, and chocolate powder.

3. Mix in the vanilla essence and milk (if needed) until the mixture can be shaped into balls

4. Roll into balls and place on greased cooking sheet with room to spread (about 1.5cms between balls)

5. Flatten each ball with a fork dipped in cold water.

6. Bake at 190 C (375F) for 7 to 10 minutes.

7. Remove from oven and allow to cool. The biscuits will harden upon cooling.

8. Enjoy! Depending on the strength of your butter, one cookie should be enough to really feel the effects. Expect to begin feeling the effects within an hour, with a very gradual 'coming up' over about 2 hours. Effects can last for a total of 4-6 hours from beginning to end. lol

post-10563-1191220815_thumb.jpg

The finished product! :D

EDIT: PS. Thanks to Chato and fellow stoners in live-chat last night who helped me not overboil my butter. It worked great! :haha:

Edited by Browniez

p.s. How did you make your butter?

Well, I know some believe it was a waste, but I used dried buds. I don't grow and I've wanted to try cooking with MJ for ages, so I thought what the hell, I'll use some bought stuff.

Since I only needed about 60g of butter to make half the recipe, I used about a quarter of a block of butter (original weight was 78g, but I got 58g of 'final product' so it worked out just right).

I put a large saucepan of water on to boil (about 3 or 4 cups of water). While boiling, I added the 78g of butter and waited until it had melted into the water, and the mixture returned to the boil. I then added 1/8 of an ounce (around 3.5g) of dried buds (shredded in my grinder first). I also added a little bit of left-over vaped weed (I had like a teaspoon of it). So I let it all simmer for a total of around 40 minutes (some stoners in live chat said this would be long enough due to the small amount of weed, and it was!), stirred a few times, then strained it through a seive and a nylon stocking into a glass bowl to remove the plant matter.

Then I let the liquid cool and placed it in the fridge when it was cool enough to touch. I let it sit in the fridge overnight to let the butter float to the top and harden.

Next morning, there was a nice hard disc of butter on the top. I broke it and lifted it out with some spoons, and made my cookies with it. The water underneath the butter layer was discarded, as only fat absorbs the THC. Voila, nice pure THC butter with a lot less smell and none of the green colour (which all went into the water).

The butter smelled quite strong, but the cookies had very little MJ taste! And my they are strong...

I hope this helps! Peace,

-Browniez :peace:

Thanks guys lol

Yeah, I agree Jimbo some choc chunks would improve them. I didn't have any in the house, though and I couldn't be bothered going to buy some :peace:

Add choc chips if desired. But if you just want a cheap recipe that will get you stoned from things you already have in your cupboard I highly recommend these! lol

Nice! These are making me think of the ones I had in Cali, excellent for pain!

I want to give em a try in a few weeks too... but now it's my turn to not know what an ingredient is... What kind of sugar is that??? Sugar like I put in tea. or make icing with, or brown sugar???

No rush, I usually make my butter with water hash so it'll be a few weeks at least.

:D

Hi Granny :D

Caster sugar is the same as normal white sugar, but finer. It is also sometimes called "superfine" sugar. If you only happen to have regular white sugar in the cupboard that will work too. Caster sugar is just nice to use because it doesn't take as much time/effort to cream with the butter because the crystals are finer.

Thanks for all your comments! :D

PS. I used electric beaters to cream the butter and sugar because it was easy, but you can also use a spoon; it isn't too hard to do by hand.

I get it! Thank you!

If I take table sugar and put it in the blender it will make it superfine!

We can get superfine sugar in the cities, but not around where I live.

Thanx again for the recipe!

I'm thinking of adding dried cherries... toffee bits...maybe make a dip in the top with a spoon, add chocolate and make little chocolate tarts! :D