Sunshine and Sodium

Hi,

Can the group give me their opinions on the benefits or otherwise of placing one's flowering plants from lights to directly into the sun for a few hours each day.

I can put them out for say 4hrs around noon. This would be after a few hours under HPS, ( thanks AL.B.Fuct :peace: )

..Then for the last few hours of the 12/12, they would be back under the light.

Would those few hours in the direct summer sun hurt any development or potency due to the different spectrum?

but i discontinued this practice when it became apparent that i was making a nice comfortable home for insect pests on my plants and ended up having problems inside the G-room cause of that ...
Yeah thats the main problem with the idea that plus it restricts you for 4 hours a day 7 days a week.

:peace:

Thanks guys/gals.

I was mostly worried about the higher level of UV and high spectrum light that the flowering plant would be receiving from the hot and mean Qld mid-summer sun.

You should know that in Qld. all insects have been banned :peace:

Those that haven't have usually been fried.

It get's so hot here.

I have never had the need to run like this , the only things i would say are important to take into consideration are firstly and most importantly the issue of transporting bugs around.

The seccond and one thing i am not 100% on is whether the plants will want total sunlight straight up or if they would need to be hardened up a bit first and gradated to it , I grow a fair few ethno's under fluro and MH in the winter and know when i go to move them outdoors in summer i need to give them partial shading for the first week or two before they can be moved into an area of full sunlight That is going from fluro or MH to Sunlight as apose to HPS to sunlight though which is very different and why I suggest you get confirmation on this. Without question eventually you will be able to do what your planning if thats whats best for you however it may or may not take a week or hardening the plant in more cooshy outdoor conditions at first ( indoor plants tend to be quite coddled and loved :peace: )

I have never had the need to run like this , the only things i would say are important to take into consideration are firstly and most importantly the issue of transporting bugs around.

The seccond and one thing i am not 100% on is whether the plants will want total sunlight straight up or if they would need to be hardened up a bit first and gradated to it , I grow a fair few ethno's under fluro and MH in the winter and know when i go to move them outdoors in summer i need to give them partial shading for the first week or two before they can be moved into an area of full sunlight That is going from fluro or MH to Sunlight as apose to HPS to sunlight though which is very different and why I suggest you get confirmation on this. Without question eventually you will be able to do what your planning if thats whats best for you however it may or may not take a week or hardening the plant in more cooshy outdoor conditions at first ( indoor plants tend to be quite coddled and loved :D )

i read pretty much the same thing in a mel frank and ed rosenthal book :) they just said use shade cloth for a week to prevent burning from the intense light of the sun and the plants should be able to handle full exposure no problems :D

i read pretty much the same thing in a mel frank and ed rosenthal book :D they just said use shade cloth for a week to prevent burning from the intense light of the sun and the plants should be able to handle full exposure no problems :D

Shade cloth is a great way to achive it because you can vary the amount of shade very easily :)