Youth charged with trafficking

Victoria Police have charged a 17-year-old boy with trafficking after finding 85 grams of heroin and 28 grams of amphetamines in Melbourne's inner north.

Melbourne Regional Response Unit members yesterday executed a search warrant at a flat in Carlton, where they uncovered heroin with an approximate street value of $30,000 and 'ice' valued at around $5,000.

"A small amount of cannabis was also seized along with equipment for trafficking and stolen goods including a plasma TV, projector, DVD player, mobile phones and luxury watches," a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

Police have charged the teenager with trafficking and being in possession of heroin and amphetamines, possessing cannabis and proceeds of crime, as well as handling stolen goods.

He has been remanded to appear at a Children's Court today.

Author: Reko Rennie

Date: September 27, 2007

Source: The Age.

Copyright: © 2007. The Age Company Ltd.

:blink:

fair enuff i can follow your logic but i reckon there;s a much bigger picture involved.

he's 17 an it's only a number i know but fair to damn good chance he's still a kid in many senses of the word an prolly had a rough start for him to end up on the track that he is. not an excuse but a possible reason an not deserving of being called scum when you have little to no idea of the facts or circumstances except from a dubious an very biased news report imo

and so what if he;s selling em to his buddies i dont see anywhere in the article where he;s forcing them down peeps throats or selling 5 buck bags in the playground at lunchtime.

having said all that 3oz's of smack an a oz of ice is a fair amount for a young fella to be holding an unless he;s an entrepreneur of bondy proportions then someone gotta be backin him.

peace

c

and so what if he;s selling em to his buddies i dont see anywhere in the article where he;s forcing them down peeps throats or selling 5 buck bags in the playground at lunchtime.

So what if his peddling Heorin and Ice?. That's your attitude?. Heroin and Ice really Fuck people up, he shouldn't be selling,..PERIOD. I think he should be stoned to death.

having said all that 3oz's of smack an a oz of ice is a fair amount for a young fella to be holding an unless he;s an entrepreneur of bondy proportions then someone gotta be backin him.

That's a good point. Where does a 17yo get 30 Gorillas worth of Heroin and 5 of Ice?. If this kid talks, he's in deep shit.

People choose to take drugs ya know. If kids (and at 17 you should be big enough and ugly enough to make your own decisions, right or wrong) are dumb enough to buy drugs from someone without knowing the possible consequences of uncontrolled use, that's their own dumb decision.

Should really be pissed at the prohibition that makes it possible and even "cool"... And also results in uneducated users consuming unregulated and unquantified substances.

btw, the addiction rates for most drugs, hard or soft, are actually pretty similar. Personal responsibility is something that is sorely lacking in todays debate on recreational drugs.

IMHO.

Poor dumb kid, he'll probably go away for this. And that's a good idea isn't it. :wave:

fair enuff i can follow your logic but i reckon there;s a much bigger picture involved.

he's 17 an it's only a number i know but fair to damn good chance he's still a kid in many senses of the word an prolly had a rough start for him to end up on the track that he is. not an excuse but a possible reason an not deserving of being called scum when you have little to no idea of the facts or circumstances except from a dubious an very biased news report imo

peace

c

I don't feel one bit of sympathy for the plight of the "poor teenage heroin dealer". I am more concerned for the lives and families destroyed by the shit he was pedalling. Heroin is no harmless recreational drug...let's not kid ourselves. It is a wrecking machine that brings no benefit to anyone..only death. He may be young and ignorant of what he was doing but anyone who may have died from the Heroin he sold is no less dead as a result of this.