what of these should i use?

For my outdoor project i have got Yates Pro Potting mix with 12 month slow release fert, dynamic lifter & water crystals.

Now ferts should i get for the veg stage? theres Thrive all Purpose Concentrate NPK 12.5/3/6.2 Thrive All Purpose Soluble NPK 27/5.5/9 or Dynamic Lifter Concentrate Plant Food NPK 10/4/6

I hope with the water crystal & mulch i will only have to carry water once a week.

Im not pro yates or anything its just i went to Bunnings so yates is the big thing there.

Do you think the fast growth of Sativa will use all the fert that comes with the soil or is it overkill?

i would say certainly by the end of the plants life it would have depleted any nutrients with in the soil...

the dynamic lifter concentrate would be the closest to a veg fert for MJ i would say... or even the thrive all purpose.. the thrive all purpose soluble seems to be a little high in nitrogen... but could still be ok for MJ.. as it does use a lot of nitrogen... i would opt for either one of the other 2..

there are more competent outdoor growers that would surely be able to steer you in the right direction...

Dynamic Lifter rates highly with me, in the preparation stage. I would dig a hole approx 40-50cm wide 'n deep and throw in 2-3 handfuls of dynamic lifter, 1 handful of Dolimite in and about a teaspoon of water crystals. Give that a good mix in, then let it sit until required. But i wouldn't plant anything in there until i had my seedlings to a foot high (i found i had better success rate when planting out when plants are a foot tall, i would raise them at home until then, usually take a month during spring). Then once planted out, i would go back to water on a weekly basis for the first month. I steered clear of of Blood 'n Bone and Fish Emulsions as i found they'd bring in the insects and animals.

With a batch i would make up consisting of dynamic lifter, horse and/or cow shit 'n occasionally a teaspoon of urea (urea is a base nitrogen source a lot of products like thrive 'n others use for their nitrogen hit, also works well as a wetting agent). I would throw all those into a 20 litre drum 'n half fill it with water and sit it in the sun for 2-3 days, while giving it a good shake on a daily basis. Then after 2-3 days i'd fill it 'n sit it in the shade for another 4-5 days before using on plants.

For the month or so, they'd get a weekly watering. Then after that, i would forget about em until February/March 'n go back and sex them and remove any males or hermies. That would be about as much i would do with them until a May harvest.

If you do come to use water crystals, use them very sparingly. Because the first time i used em when they hit the market. I used too much and that season we had excessive rain in March 'n it uprooted two monsters i had. I was devastated that day i found em. ;)

Also, if you come to use Urea, use it very sparingly as well, because it's fairly potent shite and can fry the plants if too much is used.

I never used to give them a PK boost during flowering, prolly cause i wasn't too clued up 'n i didn't want to go near them if i didn't have to. Bit of luck Frazzle or 67Special may pop their head into this thread 'n give you more sound advice in that area. ;)

:blink:

Ok so i think i will go for the Thrive Concentrate for the veg stage but i cannot find any Concentrates or soluble ferts that are high in PK for the flower stage. Flower's are a long way off so its not a thing i need to worry about yet.

Hay indy how the hell do ya plant 20 1ftrs into the bush without gettn seen taken them there? i was gonna rais them till around the 4th node then sex them then transport them by backpack a few at a time.

Yea i reckon that Dynamic lifter concerntrate is good stuff for veg but for the flowering i can reccomend Manutec Bloom Booster which comes ina powder form and is high in P&K ... and follow Indycars advice and you wont go far wrong

also i do use Wettasoil to treat the soil that plants grow in , its a surfacant?? :blink: it breaks the surface tension in soil and allows the water to penetrate the soil to greater extent than otherwise .. can be used in conjuction with water crystals but probly only needs 2 applications one at planting time and another when plant goes to flower ...

best of luck

;)

Hay indy how the hell do ya plant 20 1ftrs into the bush without gettn seen taken them there? i was gonna rais them till around the 4th node then sex them then transport them by backpack a few at a time.

I lived in a semi-rural area that had bush tracks 'n fire trails everywhere, and where i would plant was fairly isolated that would'nt get much traffic. So i'd drive in close enough, and lug the 20 litre drums up into the scrub. Something i would'nt consider nowadays, bloody back breakin' work that was... :blink:

I was also fortunate enough that my grow areas consisted of rainforest and semi-ruggered bushland. I would plant out on the fringe of the rainforest so the plants got sufficient daylight and not as a patch as such. From time to time i'd find other people's patches and would learn from their mistakes and scatter the plants over a vast area, the old theory of "don't put all ya eggs in the one basket" kinda deal.

I did get sprung once by a national parks dude that asked more question than what ya could point a stick at, but blew him off after he turned into a dickhead about it. Then about 3 months later i got a visit by a drug squad. But i was half expecting a visit 'n had the place clean, and the lads went home empty handed. Still managed to grow enough personal that year to get me by. ;)

;)

Normally if im transporting ft high plants into the bush , i can fit maybe five or more that are in small pots into one milk crate and i just carry that under the cover of darkness on a weekday early morning its simple enough , a few trips later and theres ya twenty !! Superphosphate is also a good all rounder and once they latch onto it the plants can really take off . Biggest problems bush grow :lack of water ,animals ,cops and thieves .. plenty of bud enhancers out there come flower time !!