help legalise drugs - support this LDP this election

Cheers for the reply dukker

You do make some sense in regards to firearms, but i think you're argument falls kinda flat if you compare Canada and America(thanks bowling for columbine). I think at the end of the day firearms are dangerous and people are prone to stupidity and rash decisions.

I still completely disagree about the health system, I don't have private health insurance, and while I've not had many dealings with public hospitals. When I've had to I've been thoroughly impressed.

With the seatbelt and helmet issue, i still disagree, explain why having to wear/use protective stuff is infringing on people's rights. Helmet hair is no excuse!

And Al in regards to the micro chipping, i think its a good idea in principal but i personally don't want to monitored 24/7...sounds like a really big jail to me(albeit with lots more stuff to do). I also think that being able to monitor someone all the time would eventually be abused. Even if all illegal activites i did today were legal(not just drugs), i still wouldn't want it, and i especially don't need some douche bag telling me to exercise more(not that i need to) or to eat differently or to smoke less(might need to....nah).

Anyway lets see how America likes becoming a police state before signing up for one.

The Party might be an option in 5 or 10 years, but we really need Howard out at this point.

:D

Edited by jojothepotfiend

I just read Al Fish's post and i'm not sure if he was just being sarcastic or if he is really a nazi. No offcence intended.

Al Fish's post

Bottom line: Freedom isn’t worth it!

Say what?

Al Fish's post

Even a casual observer of Australian history can clearly see that the bedrock aspiration of Australians has always been to have freedom from, never freedom to.

The aspiration of Australians is to have freedom, all of it, including freedom to.

Al Fish's post

We need a D.N.A. Database.

We need that like a hole in the head.

Al Fish's post

Micro chipping would allow us to be tracked worldwide.

Microchip all Australians like dogs? That's absurd. Micro chipping would not allow you to be tracked anywhere nor would it prevent any crime. It would only allow identification once you have been found. If you wanted to track someone you would need to implant a GPS device into them. That’s gotta hurt. Or maybe we should all wear ankle bands like prisoners on home detention do?

Al Fish's post

These are not difficult or even bold initiatives, but the culmination of historical ideals that the ANZACS fought and died for.

My grandfather was an Anzac and he fought to prevent everything in Al Fish's post from ever happening to Australians. Almost a whole generation died in the second world war to stop the nazi’s from doing exactly what is in Al Fish's post. :blink:

Ofcourse, AL Fish was just being sarcastic and joking. No Australian in their right mind would want a society like that. If they did than every Australian should own a gun to prevent any of that ever happening.

FAUX NEWS CHANNEL

We Distort! You Comply!

Why do Americans have to defend the 2nd Amendment right to carry guns, regardless of the attacks of liberal intellectuals?

The rights to life, liberty, and property as a practical matter require the right to self-defense. In a world in which, as a practical matter, there is both macro violence (100 million deaths-by-government this century, nationalizations of property, invasions, etc.) and micro violence (murder, robbery, burglary, assault, and rape), individuals who do not take affirmative steps for the defense of themselves, their loved ones, and their neighbors are victims.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States does not create either a right of self-defense or a right to keep and bear arms for the purpose of individual and social defense. Those rights are fundamental to all people, regardless of the politics of their country. However, the Second Amendment kept government from disarming the people of the United States for a long enough period that even today, at least half the households in the United States keep a private arsenal of firearms. In spite of a high violent crime rate (but highest where gun-conrol-laws are the strictest), the fact that the American public is so well- armed has prevented the sort of mass-exterminations, invasions, and periodic coups that have plagued Europe, Asia, and Africa this century. America has one of the most stable political systems in the world, and the strongest reason for this is the deterrent effect that any potential American Lenin, Hitler, or Castro would have to contemplate: defeat the military and civil police forces, and the people themselves are still well-armed and capable of resisting.

http://www.pulpless.com/jneil/mingardi.html

The Libertarian Party in the USA share many of my views, but not this Australian LDP. I have to admit I've only skimmed their policies and most of the justifications in this thread, but my god they appear to be very dangerous and short-sighted. Nuclear power is cheap and its waste can be safely stored?!? Ludicrous! Any costing model which takes into account the full cost of a plant over its entire lifetime *including its inevitable dismantling* shows this claim to be false. There's not much structure or coherent direction behind these policies - they're loosely gathered under the "libertarian and democracy" umbrella - I'm really starting to believe that this party is simply a front to capture disaffected Liberal voters and socially progressive fringe votes.

Love to have the time to go through their policies one by one in detail, but I don't have the time and others are doing a good job of that already. Same with the founders and members who are standing in the election - who are they, do they have a history, are they associates and friends of other parties, how are they funded?

dukker why was this your first post?

the only sure way to get johnny out... is to vote labour.. its the only way... shame.. but thats just the way our fucked up system works..

Absolute rubbish. The Greens are holding the balance of power in more and more elections - if you vote Green you will get Johnny out *AND* hold Labor accountable. Australia is no longer a 2 party system - the Greens are here and they are kicking ass all over Australia. Read their policies, both State and Federal, and see what you think. They have extensive, well thought out policies - and they are available for scrutiny 24x7 on the web - the other parties are not as transparent, they are sneaky and change their policies, their image, and their spin every single election.

VOTE GREEN! Your vote is NOT wasted!!!

ive been voting greens for the last 10 years.. yet johnny is still PM.. before that I voted for the SA HEMP party...

who gets the Green vote.. i always thought it went to labour anyway?? Do they stand independent??

niall shed some light man... you know im on your side... is my green vote going to fall on deaf ears??

we need johnny out... do you really think the next PM will come from the Green party??

personally i dont think the Greens will get enough votes to WIN.. which, i might add is a damn shame..

who gets the Green vote.. i always thought it went to labour anyway?? Do they stand independent??

I think greens give preferences on a seat by seat basis? You can always send your preferences where you want them anyway . You don't have to follow the how to vote pamphlets.

I often vote Labor in the lower house and greens in the senate.

If Howard gets in again I may head overseas. I don't think I can stand another 4 years of this.

“Gradually, by selective breeding, the congenital differences between rulers and ruled will increase until they become almost different species. A revolt of the plebs would become as unthinkable as an organized insurrection of sheep against the practice of eating mutton.”

Bertrand Russell

The Impact of Science on Society (1953)

Ours is a Psychopathocracy where the suppression and cancellation – one at a time – of every constitutional and traditional safeguard of individual freedom, privacy and human rights must be sacrificed to combat terrorism and for our own security! Ours are long days and nights of pervasive psychosis delivered by a craven media. This is a nexus-point of history – Aeonic in its consequences.

(See, for example, the Military Commissions Act, 2006 (US) and President George Walker Bush’s Executive Order of the 17th of July, last.)

“And I believe in the Law of the Aeon

Which is sacrifice

And in the letting of blood

For which I shed no tears.

Since I give praise to my Prince: The Fire-Giver

And look forward to His reign

And the pleasures which are to come.”

From an obscure spiritual text