Cardboard growbox

Hello everyone, i'm still waiting on those seeds :( and I found a very large cardboard box in my attic that is perfect (.75mx.75mx2m). I will be planting 5 of my seeds so hopefully I can get 2 females out of that. The box already has metal poles that go across the box half way up and at the top, so I will be able to hold my light from them. My main concern is will it be a big fire hazard? Can i get a fireproof blanket and toss it on the box? Is there anything that I can spray the box with that will make it fireproof? The box will make my grow 10x more stealthier.

Thanks everyone! :bow:

its not so much that its a fire hazard.. altho that is a major concern... the thing is with grow rooms.. is the added temps and humidity... the cardboard box will act like a sponge sucking the moisture from the air.. it could collapse.. id be building something more sturdy.. like a wooden frame..

what size light are you going to use??

I tried cardboard once myself and it did get very squishy. What U describe sounds like a movers wardrobe box, and turdy as it may seem it's really not.

Take ur time and do this right, it will be worth the trouble.

aa ur exactly right I just went back up in the attic and it said it right on the box! I found a old dresser that seems like the perfect size and ill have to smash out some shelves with a hammer and ill be good to go. Ill try to get some pics up for you guys soon.

Edited by asspirate

Cardboard is a big no no as a general rule of thumb , above all the fire issues you also have mould issues which will kreep up on you really fast

with that said LoveMeBucket pulled off at least one good grow that i know of inside a cardboard box , not sure if she stuck with it the next round or if she upgraded, she was lucky though and spends more time with her plants than most from what i have heard so she would have been keepign a very very close eye on it the whole time.

Hopefully she will take a break from her vacation and reply here :bow: