keeping animals away

I am just about to put a few investments in the bush (my 1st time) & have found a great spot next to a swamp type area. Now i have been reading lots & lots on here but i just read one about possums eatn them which i didnt even think about.

Now when i was at bunnings getting supplies i saw a garden spray that is suppose to keep dogs & cats away from the garden... soooo i was wondering if anyone knows the product or thinks it will be a wase of time buying it & spraying around the area.

I like possums but not enough to share my goodies with.

Hey BudMan,

I was in KMart the other day, the lady in front of me bought a product called POSS OFF (and had a pic of a possum on the front) I don't know the brand name or how much it costs... but that might be an idea. Checking now to see if I can find the stuff...

Ok results weren't the best for vege use... they also suggest the following tips:

1. Net affected plants with shade cloth or white bird netting at night time. Quick, cheap, and darn effective! This is absolutely the best way to protect young plants and seedlings from possum attack. Why not supplement this with a hanging cat scare face or two? Available from nurseries, these scare faces look like cats and have reflective eyes, pretty scary if you are a possum!

2. Sprinkling blood and bone fertiliser around the base of ornamental plants and fruit trees can act as a significant possum deterrent. They hate the smell, and will be less inclined to munch on treated plants!

I hope that helps.

:bow: and :(

Pebbz

yea having your plants eaten by fauna sucks ass

anyway my new plan of avoiding it this year is putting my plants in a cage i plane to build it by diggin 4 holes in a rectangular shape 6m by 2 m using 4 2m tall wooden posts plants them in the ground and staple/nail chicken mesh around this

for roofing use that plastic latex shit'it's sort of like a tarpauline but transparent if there is a possibility this could be ripped through by BUD craving fauna but lets hope not