garden shed ventilation

hey im just starting my first grow but im not sure where to put it. Im planning on using a 400w HPS with the plants just in a mix of dirt/perlite. I have a cupboard i could use but im a little worried about the smell. I thought the garden shed would be perfect because none of my housemates have a key and it would mean no smells would e lingering around the house. The shed is about 3m by 3m by 1.8m high. Does anyone have any advice for what type of ventilation im going to need? if possible i'd like to keep it to a minimum as im renting and i dont think the landlord would appreciate it if i started cutting ventilation holes in the shed.

On my first grow attempt I ran the same light in the same space. It didn't work because the space is too large for that light, a 400 will do about 1m x 1m or arounds there.

Build a cupboard to the best size and put it in the shed.

That way your exhaust/fan/scrubber etc can still be hidden in the shed and you don't have to cut a hole - I suppose that you will need to get fresh air from somewhere but you are better informed than I to choose how to do that.

Outside sheds of any type will get really hot in summer, and you will battle major temp issues if you don't insulate it somehow.

If you use my suggestion of a cupboard inside the shed then you can insulate the cupboard instead of the shed.

Good luck with slipping it past the flatmates, you'll have to be crafty! Remember that it may not be them who rip you off but one of the people they tell.

Grow Hard,

Jimbo :peace:

EDIT - I forgot! Get a centrifugal 150mm or larger if you use the cupboard. Way bigger if you use the whole shed.

Edited by jimbojones5678