i have another nub question.....

ok. i no im sooooo far away from this as my plants are seedlings B)

im growing outdoors and its now spring and starting to warm up... i wld like to no when will my plants start to bud? how long will they bud for? is there a certain time to harvest the buds, if so why? i think they are sativa btw..

thank you for reading my nub question, plz help me :P

Cannabis flowers when days shorten, with the onset of autumn. The plant shows it strongest flowering response at 12 hours daylight, though will begin to show flowering growth at ~14-15 hours. Day lengths on any given calendar date vary by your latitude. If you are near the Bass Strait, short days come sooner than in more northerly latitudes. You can use this Geoscience Australia site to calculate your sunrise and sunset times.

If you live in Darwin, you'll have an interesting challenge. Days are about 11h30m in August and about 13h30m in January, due to being only 12 degrees south of the equator. Plants will try to flower at any time of year that close to the equator. If I were doing outdoor in Darwin, I'd veg up some plants indoors for several weeks under 18+ hour/day light to get them do a decent size (700mm or so) before putting them outside.

as a general rule father's day is when to sprout your seeds, mother's day is around when you'll harvest them ;)

That method produces fucking huge trees up here WDC :D ...and requires shitloads of water too :wacko:

Qlders can still produce sizeable outdoor plants by sowing seed as late as mid-October imo

The mothersday harvest is more accurate though, but I still find that strains can vary by a month or more in their harvest dates :D which means you can be harvesting for a month if you grow a variety, but at least you don't have to deal with the whole lot at once ;)

I usually see pre-flowers in late Feb to early March and harvest from late April through to the end of May :(

Good luck with em sir stonedalot ;)

If you do tip, just do it once or twice in the early stages of development, say at the 5-6th node once it develops and again taking a few tops from the resulting branches maybe 3-4 after that. It's sort of a see how it goes....

Outdoors, a sativa in Western Australian Sunshine will grow huuuge, so I'd at the least recommend some tying or staking along with tipping in early stages to keep it bushy.

Tipping may or may not increase yeild, there is a reasonable debate on both sides there, but it will certainly help ya to keep the plant a little more under control and harder to spot. Give it as much sunshine as you can. It's been rainy and cool for a start to spring here in Perth, so if you can give it some shelter from rain at night you might help it, and get the best quality potting mix you can find. (it is worth the extra $) If you're growing direct in the soil (and we've got some of the oldest soil on the planet here in Perth, so it's practically useless) then I would heartily recommend amending and enriching the soil with organic matter. No such thing as too much when it comes to soil conditioners like cow poo or compost. Well, there is really, but it's hard to overdo it here because we have such hungry sandy soils.

A pic would be really, really helpful.

Welcome to the forums Sir Stonedalot, just in case I haven't said hi in the Dr livingstone forum (I've been a little busy lately, so what else is new). Good to see another fellow West Australian on the boards.

Just as a side note, Perth is similar in climate to Adelaide and Canberra, (although not as cold in winter as the latter) ; it's a long hot dry summer and comparatively short wet winter. They call it "mediterranian/dry temperate" but I call it a bitch if you grow temperate mountainous plants like orchids. Weed loves it here though, just keep the moisture up to them on hot days. We're about the same latitude as Sydney.

tyvm luke skywalker :wacko: ill post some pics once they start to look niice including some before and after pics to help others with the tipping debate. one more thing...ill most likely be tying her down, should i do this wen she is young and she is like half a metre tall or later wen shes big. does the stem bend easily and will it cause the plant stress?