Healthy seedling?

This is by far the biggest and most healthy looking(to my amateur eye) seedling I have grown thus far. Does it look healthy to you guys?

post-13296-1189305041_thumb.jpg post-13296-1189305075_thumb.jpg

It would be 2-3 weeks old by now(counting the first day of soaking as day 1). The soil composition is a mixture of seed raising potting mix, peat and midrange(not premium) potting mix. I was experimenting with different mediums so I cannot tell you which is which :thumbsup: It has been given one small dose of tomato fertiliser(way less that the recommended amount) and a touch of epsom salts.

It has been grown under a large CFL (equivalent of 500W with 6.4k light output) with a few normal smaller CFLs in a mini-greenhouse indoors. They will be moved outdoors once this blasted cold snap leaves the mountains.

Edit: I do not know the strain as it is from bagseed. Definitely Indica dominant due to the analgesic effects of it. The leaves are much fatter than the first seedlings(different strain) I grew.

Edited by Tarnicus

good luck with this grow Tarnicus .. :)

hope you keep us updated with whats going on..

:) what other nutes are you planning on giving them..

cheers.. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the swift replies :(

I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to keeping a diary :) I go through periods of writing a lot, followed by nothing.

I have no idea what nutes I plan on giving them as this has been a bit of an experiment thus far. I'll probably start a proper grow diary next week after we have our house inspection(gotta hide the little buggers :().

Nice healthy looking baby there!

I think we use the same cups! I like to cut 3 slits down the sides to let the roots get some air.

Keep up the good work! :)

Ooh thanks for mentioning slitting the sides! I think that might save a couple of experiments I have, that look like they might be waterlogged. I tested out some higher ratio peat mixes and I think I overdid it :thumbsup: I use all sorts of pots, whatever I find laying about in the garage or garden.

WDC - I soon learnt that I had fallen for marketing BS after purchasing my big CFLs. I've read about many successful grows with them, but so far have found them really only good for seedlings. That could be due to the low temperatures when I have the mini-greenhouse set up. Unfortunately I don't have any choice but to use CFLs, so I propogate them upstairs when the fire is going and move them into the greenhouse once they sprout.

Feedback certainly does make me keener to get a grow diary going, so thanks all :)