White Heaven seeding...

ok.. heres the run down of what im doing....

i got this strain from a seedbank in the UK called World Wide Seeds.. they dont seem to be around anymore which is a shame... i got 10 seeds.. 9 of which sprouted.. 8 of which were males...

i then chose a male and female that looked as similar as they could from an early age and put them in the wardrobe... the birth of Sukonmi White Heaven... this resulted in shit loads of seeds.. which a few members have had the good fortune of growing out... you know who you are...

from the original female seedling i took clones... those are the very first lot of pics i posted on the internet a few years ago... from these clones after growing them out for almost a year... cloning from the clone and so on.. it started to spit a few seeds... this is normal for most skunk strains... these seeds are an exact replica of the clone they came from... theory has it that all seeds will be female... well thats BS.. cuz i got a male... a pure male...

sooo... after planting out 10 "feminized" white heaven seeds from a self seeding clone... i ended up with 9 plants.. 3 females, 1 male.. the rest didnt sex intime.. they got ditched... not interested in slow growing plants... this seeding should/will result in a 100% stable strain from the F1 seeds i originally started with...this brings us to NOW...

i have in my wardrobe a 2 pot recirc hydro system.. very simple.. in those pots i have 3 pure females.. and the 1 male i got from the 9 seedlings... and well... ill let the pics speak for them selves...

Good stuff SS, nice to see ya stabilizing a strain of the past.

I'm not intending to knock other breeders. But i can't help but think some breeders do get ahead of 'emselves and move onto other cross-breeding programs without stabilizing a strain they already started on. This opinion of mine prolly comes from being a fan of the old school strains and how they've disappeared over the years. But take that comment as a grain of salt, as i've never entered into any seed stock grows myself.

Your doing top work mate, all the best with it. :toke:

:(

Marvellous circle of life here SS .. it still stumps me why some ppl make this process a real big deal that goes into successive F 1234 etc. generations and back-breeding and cubing it goes on and on and on ... that just makes it all so complicated :toke:

do you ever come across any hermie seeds ?

:(

i never have grown any of them out... sure i seen a few, of course youll always get hermies... the ones that are late in sexing are probably hermie..

in the white heaven germination thread.. i found about equal the fem/male/hermie ratio... well what i assumed would probably be hermies as they were also late in sexing... if im not 100% sure.. then they get ditched.. as i dont take chances like that... those were from the original seeds i done .. the F1's.. as in that seedling thread i seem to have got 3 phenos.. which makes me think i didnt have the female and male of the same pheno from the bought seeds.. if that makes sense... other wise that seeding should have stabilized then.. and it didnt..

my belief has always been.. that seeds will either be hermie, female or male from the very start... im talking TRUE hermie.. not forced hermie... i dont believe that plants just change gender with out some chemical interference like GA34... (something im keen to start experimenting with very soon).. or stress manipulation.... and seeing as i seem to get quite a few plants that are late in sexing.. i just class these as hermie... for all I know they could be male or female.. but if theyre late in sexing then they get culled.. survival of the fittest... certainly ive had some that have sexed hermie.. some sex with 3 pistols and only one set of balls.. some with 3 sets of balls and only 1 set of pistols... some with equal male/female...

you get pistolate hermies.. which are mostly female.. these are the ones i guess catch a lot of people out..

you get staminate hermies... more male than female..

and hermies.. equal male and female ... of course there will be those that will always be late in sexing too

they will all get culled...

strongets plants mean for good genes and these are the ones you want seeds from.. told to me by an old Italian grower.. he says the same thing goes for nearly anything you grow... he had a wicked vege patch..

personally i think its gotten so cunfusing over the years.. breeders seem to throw anything out on the market.. and sometimes the F2's,F3's and so on are great for people who want to experimant and fuck around.. i just think its too much hassle to get it back to the stable strain... hopefully using this method will stablize the strain... then all anyone would need to do was to have a clone of anything they liked..from any pheno... clone the death out of untill it self seeds.. then plant out enough seeds to to find a male.. i only planted 10 and got one... how much easier can it get??

• Upvote 1

well another week on and the male has dropped pollen EVERYWHERE... which is what we all wanted of course...

becuase im seeding this indoors.. and i dont have circulation fans, only the exctraction fan... i had to shake the male pollen on the other side of the wardrobe.. just to make sure it gets everywhere..

heres some pics...