Illuminatus trilogy

Has anyone read this book by Robert Anton Wilson? It's a crazy, crazy book. its about conspiricy theories, secret societies, magic, sex and a hundred thousand things more. It's probably not for everyone, but well worth a read as is all Robert Anton Wilson's stuff. He has been described as an: American novelist, essayist, philosopher, futurist, libertarian, and guerilla ontologist, most famous for this satirical book, unfortunately he died this January after a long illness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Anton_Wilson

You can read the book online, but go get a copy if you can.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/09/26/024747.php

hmm i cant say that ive read the book, but i have to admit that i was facinated with secret societies like the illuminati and the priory of sion a few years back, i wished desperately for those romantic conspiracy theories to be true but i slowly realised that they were just that, conspiracy theories.

I dont really buy into the whole "secret history" and "zeitgeist" stuff anymore. since studying international relations, the real scholarly analysis of the world is much more facinating.

I read this book.I like this book because it takes every conspiracy theory that existed prior to 1975 and weaves them into a grand narrative of the 'haves' pulling a fast one on the 'have nots' since before the beginning of recorded human history. Also, similar to William S. Burroughs, I think you have to examine RAW's work in the context of him being such a defining force in the American underground culture. Having said this, I do have one major complaint about this work. This is one of those books that has too...more I like this book because it takes every conspiracy theory that existed prior to 1975 and weaves them into a grand narrative of the 'haves' pulling a fast one on the 'have nots' since before the beginning of recorded human history. Also, similar to William S. Burroughs, I think you have to examine RAW's work in the context of him being such a defining force in the American underground culture. Having said this, I do have one major complaint about this work. This is one of those books that has too many damned characters involved in too many damned things. The fault may lie in my attention span, but I think it is a problem when a character reappears after a couple of hundred pages and the reader has to stop and think, "Now who was that again?" Part of the genius behind the whole thing is that the writers could sit down and write this thing and manage to keep all the characters (some with shifting alliances), conspiracy theories, and storylines straight.

I read this book.I like this book because it takes every conspiracy theory that existed prior to 1975 and weaves them into a grand narrative of the 'haves' pulling a fast one on the 'have nots' since before the beginning of recorded human history. Also, similar to William S. Burroughs, I think you have to examine RAW's work in the context of him being such a defining force in the American underground culture. Having said this, I do have one major complaint about this work. This is one of those books that has too...more I like this book because it takes every conspiracy theory that existed prior to 1975 and weaves them into a grand narrative of the 'haves' pulling a fast one on the 'have nots' since before the beginning of recorded human history. Also, similar to William S. Burroughs, I think you have to .....

So, is this another of your cut an paste reviews desouza , i bet an oz of primo buds it is !

but you cant even cut & paste without duplicating yourself :)

whatever :bongon: